Chapter 19: Merry-Go-Round

Pansy kissed Draco.

"Love I promise nothing is wrong with us but y/n needs someone to get drunk and dance with. Tonight that's me ok?"

He nods and kisses her as he leaves.

She shuts the door and comes to the bathroom where I'm getting ready.

"Y/n you can't ignore them all forever."

I grab the curling iron and turn it on. My words come out mumbled as I have bobby pins in my mouth.

"Actually Pansy it's been pretty easy so far. Since Theodore is sleeping around, Enzo's been focused on class, and Mattheo is nowhere to be found, I'd say I'm doing pretty damn good."

She rolls her eyes while she grabs the highlighter.

"Y/n I love you but you miss Mattheo. You cry every night."

"ALMOST every night. I'm not that bad."

"Mhm. I doubt he's gonna miss you in that dress."

"I don't care. He left me because of a simple misunderstanding. I thought we trusted eachother but apparently not."

She grabs her eyeshadow and starts on her eyes.

"Well tonight's the Yule Ball. You'll have men lining up to dance with you anyway. Y/n I want you to realize that they will come up to you tonight, and if any of them try to do anything to you without consent I will scoop out their eyeballs and serve it to them, okay?"

I laughed and hugged her.

"What would I do without you Pansy?"

"Have boyfriends with eyes."

We laughed and talked back and forth until we were completely ready.

Pansy leaves the bathroom to get her dress. When she comes into the bathroom I could've confused her with a vogue model on a magazine cover.

"Oh Pansy. Draco doesn't know what he's missing right now."

She twirls in her maroon dress, hair in a braid bun, and her makeup looks as if it's from the gods.

"Mattheo doesn't know what he's missing either."

I look over in the mirror. My hair half up half down, my dress flowing down my body. I wished more than anything he was here to see it.

"His loss. Let's go Pansy!"

We walk down to the ballroom stairs. Most of the couples are already in the ballroom, but some still lingered in the hall.

We walked down hand in hand. When I got to the bottom, Enzo and Theodore were astonished. I tried not to look at them, but anyone could tell Enzo's face was holding something back.

Pansy and I walked into the ballroom. It was magical. The entire room was lit up by white orbs and it looked like a fairytale, or a really pretentious hallmark movie.

The slow songs came on. Pansy and I looked at each other and I grabbed her arm. I dragged her out to the hall.

"Go get your fiancé Pansy. I'll be fine."