Chapter 18: Popcorn

"Enzo come on you told me today you would take me to Hogsmeade!"

Enzo stuttered at the girl.

"I-I can't today something came up. How about next week Cho?"

My head shot up. I didn't know who was at the door but now I did. I shot up still tear stricken and marched up to her.

I walked up to the door and slapped her straight across the face.

I gasped at my own actions, suddenly realizing what I had done.

Cho held her face.

"What the hell y/n?! God you are such a bitch, I thought you had forgiven me but I guess not, you dirty skank."

At this point Enzo was to pissed off to finish the conversation so he slammed the door in her face and grabbed me a water.

"Tel me everything that happened from the beginning. Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining whatever that was, I would appreciate it."

I chugged the water, feeling the cold liquid slide down my throat bringing me back to reality.

After explaining the Cho Chang situation, and what happened with Mattheo, Enzo's fist was curled and his face red.

"I promise I will never talk to Cho Chang again. I had no idea. I'm sorry that happened to you.
As for Mattheo I'm gonna beat his ass."

I scrambled up of the bed to stop him from leaving.

"No. The last thing I want to do is make things more complicated. Can't we please just watch a movie and eat popcorn or something? I want to get my mind off this."

"Ok, but I will address it with him eventually. I'll grab a bag of popcorn and heat it up.
Oh and I'll turn on your favorite."

I went to his bed and waited for him. After he grabbed the popcorn and turned on "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" I finally calmed down.

It was close to the end of the movie. I wanted to finish the last of the popcorn but Enzo had the same idea. We both jumped for the last piece and fought over it for a bit. I eventually grabbed it swiftly and plopped it in my mouth. I laughed at Enzo's face.

"Oh you think this is funny y/n? Well you know what else is funny?"

He started to tickle me. I rolled around and tried to escape. He eventually started to lose grip and I started to tickle him. I realized that I was on top of him on accident. Our eyes locked and his breathing slowed.

"Y/n this isn't a good idea."

"I know."

We were about to give in until we heard footsteps close to the door. I jumped off of him and grabbed my jacket.

Theo walked through the door and smirked at me as I was trying to leave.

"Damn y/n even in sweatpants and a hoodie you still look hot."

Enzo stood up.

"Leave it Theo let her pass!"

I looked back at Enzo. I didn't know what came next but I knew I had to get out of there.

I finally reached my dorm and shook Pansy up.

"Pansy wake the hell up! I fucked up really bad."

She stirred and looked up at me.

"What y/n? This had better be good."

"I may or may not have almost kissed Enzo..."

She shot up and ran to turn on the light.

"Oh my god. Tell me everything."

"Ok so after Mattheo and I got into an argument and he stormed off, I was crying so I went to Enzo's dorm. I sat on his bed and then Cho came to the door. I smacked her without even realizing it. He shut the door and grabbed me a water. I explained the Cho Chang situation and what happened with Mattheo. He felt bad and grabbed popcorn and a movie-"

"Ok I'm failing to see the I fucked up part."

"Let me finish."

"Fine."

"After he grabbed the popcorn and put on the movie, we must have not eaten the popcorn fast because by the end we still had one piece. We both started fighting over it and I got the piece. Enzo's face was all red so I laughed. He started tickling me and I wanted him to stop so I tried to tickle him but I accidentally ended up on top of him."

"Wait you guys didn't have sex did you?!"

"No, let me finish! We locked eyes and almost kissed. But then we heard Theo's footsteps so I grabbed my stuff and tried to leave. Theo commented on my outfit and Enzo told him to let me go. Now we're here."

There was a minute of straight silence before Pansy started laughing.

"Pansy this is not funny!"

"It is too! Your in a love triangle and you think it's the end of the world."

"I almost cheated on Mattheo because of one misunderstanding! What does that say about me, us?"

She sipped her water and rubbed her eyes.

"First of all you didn't almost cheat, you almost kissed a guy you've been friends with for years, and the kiss didn't even happen. You stopped. That's all that's important."

"But what if it did, what if he knew-"

Tears started rolling down my face.

"Aww babe come here."

Pansy held out her arms and I snuggled into them. I sat there and cried for a while.

After I calmed down I looked up at her.

"I'm sorry that I got snot on your sweater."

She hugged me tighter.

"Y/n I love you and will always be here, snot or no snot. Please never think you can't come to me."

I nodded and laid down with her. Sometimes a best friend is better than any boy.