ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 60: IT ᑕᑌTᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼᑌᖇTᔕ

Start from the beginning

"I'm a coward... too afraid to even end my own life!" He wept, his hands covering his face. Every effort he made to give her space and time only caused him more pain. Recalling the night he lashed out at her after they made out, he realized it was everything he had ever desired. Yet, when she mentioned calling him back, it stirred up past and painful memories. Memories that remained as fresh and raw as an unhealed wound.

As the dark and chilly night wore on, Carlton began to sense a glimmer of movement and breath returning to him. After shedding tears and letting out his emotions, he started to feel a bit lighter. Perhaps this release was exactly what he needed, as the weight of his emotions had been so heavy that it had led him to contemplate suicide.

The moon, its white glow reminiscent of love, seemed to beckon for the opportunity to love and cherish the one who deserved it. Elena, a woman of meticulous persistence and willful ignorance, found her way back in.

She cautiously pushed the door open, observing the darkness that filled the room, evidently unprepared for any visitors

She cautiously pushed the door open, observing the darkness that filled the room, evidently unprepared for any visitors. Determinedly shutting the door behind her, she surveyed the familiar surroundings with her eyes. Walking hesitantly through the room, she nervously bit her lips, her heart filled with hope of finding the person she had been desperately trying to reach.

As if in a perfect moment, the lights suddenly illuminated the room, revealing a figure emerging from the corner.

"Carl?!" A soft voice startled him, causing his heart to skip a beat. Slowly turning, he was met by her wide, beloved pupils. Gasping, a small towel slipped down from his head.

Their eyes locked, only a few feet apart, as they gazed into each other's faces

Their eyes locked, only a few feet apart, as they gazed into each other's faces. His heart raced inside his chest, as if it might leap out at any moment. Despite attempting to form words with his mouth, the shocking sight before him left him utterly speechless.

"How...how...how...did...did...you...even!" He stuttered in disbelief, continuing to stare at her. Elena clenched her hands into fists, noting his shocked reaction to her unannounced presence inside his house.

"Elena? What in the world! How on earth did you even get inside?" He repeated, feeling the unexpected anxiety tightening his jaw. Elena let out a soft sigh and tenderly brushed her left arm, looking down briefly.

"I...I...guess I never really forgot about your passcode!" She replied, avoiding eye contact. Carlton's eyes widened in realization as he remembered the time he had invited her over and shared his door code. He scoffed, squinting slightly at her.

"I thought I made myself clear that night between us! What are you doing here, Elena?" He questioned with a stern gaze. Elena nervously bit the insides of her cheeks, contemplating her next words carefully.

"You did make it clear to me after sending me to Heaven and back!" She uttered with doe eyes, gazing at his stoic demeanor. He chuckled defiantly, raising a brow in response.

"Let me guess, you've come for another round of pleasure? Weren't you satisfied with my service that night?" He quipped, lacking restraint and potentially hurting her feelings. Elena smiled sadly upon hearing his words.

"All these days, I've spent them crying in bed, lost in thoughts about you... about us, and what it truly meant to me!" She spoke, instantly capturing his attention.

"I was truly blind and cynical about you and us! I couldn't see past my own troubled thoughts, consumed by how many times I've been wronged in my life, how many times I've endured it all," Elena said, tears welling up in her eyes. Carlton noticed the glistening tears, leaving him completely unprepared for what was about to unfold.

"Carl... I was tired of how you made me feel so vulnerable! Every time you held me, kissed me, I lost myself in you. It was a world of new possibilities, making me feel truly alive," Elena confessed.

"Yet, that feeling became dangerously unsettling to me the moment I opened my eyes to see you sleeping so peacefully next to me. You knew the power you held over me, and it satisfied you to see me surrender," Elena expressed with a mix of vulnerability and frustration.

"I think you always knew, but you wanted me to admit it. I kept neglecting or denying that truth in my head," Elena admitted, her voice tinged with regret.

"There's a reason why I never stayed the next morning. There's a reason why I never dared to say those three words you wanted to hear for so long! A reason that I never truly wanted to confront, not even to myself or others!" Elena's voice quivered as she fought back tears, gripping her arm tightly to steady herself and stand by her confessions.

Carlton's expression hardened, revealing the pain he was already enduring. It was evident that listening to her was causing him even more suffering, as he silently wished for her to leave. He scoffed in disbelief to himself, causing her to look at him in puzzlement at his reaction.

"Elena! Does it even matter now? I need you to stay away from me because every time I get close to you, I lose a part of myself! I'm exhausted, sick and tired of it all!" Carlton spat out in frustration before turning and walking away. Elena felt her heart sink as he retreated, avoiding her. She quickly followed, attempting to stop him.

"Carl! Please... Carl, please listen to me!" She pleaded, following behind him as she tried to regain his attention.

"Elena, just leave, will you?! I need you to go!" He raised his voice, throwing the towel harshly aside, his anger palpable. Elena stopped, gripping the edges of the kitchen table in defeat. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she watched him nonchalantly fill his glass with water, ignoring her completely.

"I love you, Carlton! That's all I wanted to say after you ignored my calls and messages!" She choked on the words, her grip tightening on the table's edges as she watched him freeze, paralyzed by her confession.

Oh, Elena 🥹😣