I asked, putting my hands in my jacket pockets with a tired look on my face. You could clearly see the eye bags that grew under my skeletal eyes. When I found that out a few dreams ago, I settled by saying it's a skeletal magic thing.

As IF my dreams were pleasant in the first place.

"Do I really need to have an answer? It's fun seeing the reactions you give out!" They giggled out, shifting from leg to leg with the knife twirling in their hand. "Though, it's been boring with you slowly getting numb to all of this.."

I clicked my (magic) tongue, letting out a defeated sigh. I closed my eyes for a few seconds only for it to open up to my glowing eye, readying my magic. "Here we go again."

Chara rushed in, trying to slash my chest only for me to Dodge every single one. Though I was unlucky and accidentally made them scratch my cheek with the knife as bits of dust fell out.

I jumped out the way, sending a couple of gaster blasters while occasionally using telekinesis to forcefully let them in the attacks range.

They somehow always found a way to escape it. This went on for a while, slowly studying Charas attack pattern every dream to know how to dodge them.

But that also meant that they were studying my moves as well. I switched my pattern to a close range one, summoning a sharp edged bone in my hands to block and attack with.

This went on for a while, and you already know who won.

I slumped on my knees, feeling the dust in my mouth as I panted out of breath. Before I could finally let myself rest, I felt Chara place their hand on my shoulder, making me flinch hard.

"Before you dust.. Let me tell you a little secret Sans." They had their wide bloodlusted smile on their face as they inched closer to the side of my head, their eyes locked onto my skull as the next words they said shattered my view on this world.

"This isn't a dream. It's reality, Sans! I'm just RESETing this world to the start, killing you and your friend over... And over... And over again." My pinpricks shrunk into pinpricks, making me look at their retreating figure who looked down on me like I was mere dirt.

"No.. You're b-bluffing.." My voice was quieted down, almost to a whisper. They caught my words with a giggle, letting their true nature roam around the dense atmosphere. "You wish I were, Sans. If it were a dream, how aren't you waking up after all of this?"

Reality slammed into me as I finally understood the bitter truth.

This wasn't a dream.

I coughed out some blood mixed with dust as my pinpricks shook aggressively, feeling myself tremble as my the rip of my fingers slowly dusted. "And Sans? I'll see you in the next."

They passed by me, leaving me distressed from the harsh truth. I then let myself dust, the world around me fading as Papyrus's encouraging words rang through the air.

"I'M SORRY, BROTHER."

I was back at the void like area with the bright yellow star where Frisk always meets me at.

I couldn't help but feel numb from the torment and harsh truth Chara three at me, not bothering to continue holding on HOPE.

"You died.. Again." I glanced at Frisk who appeared next to the golden star with a sympathetic look on their face. "{Y/N}.. I know it's hard for you. Don't lose HOPE."