A/N

here's last week's chapter, im hoping to get this weeks chapter done hopefully tonight or tomorrow, so ill post when it's done

*SOPHIA'S POV*

I wake up with a start. Must've had a nightmare. It's still dark outside, so I glance at my clock. 2:19 am. I climb out of bed, then open my bedroom door. Stiles is curled up in front of the doorway, fast asleep. I step over him and head to the kitchen. After getting a glass of water, I jump up onto the counter to sit.

Ten minutes later, my glass is empty. I hop off the counter and walk to my room. I'm right in front of my door when I trip over a large object. Stiles. He stirs, but doesn't wake up.

I climb into bed and try to fall back asleep. I'm unsuccessful.

A few hours or so later, it's time to get ready for school. I get dressed, and open my door. He's still sleeping. On the floor. This kid has got issues. I kick him.

"What the hell, Soph?!" My brother's half-asleep voice calls out.

"Wake up. We need to be at school."

"You didn't seem to much care about that yesterday." He gets up off the floor. "Where were you by the way?"

"None of your business."

"I give up."

"Good. Now, bye-bye." I grab my skateboard from just inside my room.

"Wait, I can take you."

"No thanks. I'm done with the whole talking thing."

I walk down the hall and out the front door.

...

I see Scott running around frantically, as if trying to avoid something. Or someone.

I walk into class.

A minute later, Scott walks into homeroom and sits behind Stiles and next to me.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asks my brother. "Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay?" He pauses. "It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothin' that big--"

"Dad's fine, Scott." I say.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" His words are still directed to my brother. I don't even know why Stiles is mad at him, all he did was skip school. It's not his fault a literal mountain lion was in the parking lot.

Scott sighs. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that I went to Derek for help?"

Sternly, Stiles finally answers Scott. "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But, obviously, I'm not talking to you..." He lets out a sigh. "...What'd he say?"

Scott explains what little of Derek's plan he understood for the rest of homeroom. We continue the conversation as we walk through the halls.

"Wh--? He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah."

Stiles continues, this time with a more sarcastic tone. "All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me."

"Or me." I add.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't think he does, either." Scott replies.