Over It

I am starting to fall behind in one of my classes. It's not horrible but it's bad enough to where I had to text Ryan and tell him I will not be coming over tonight.

He was disappointed, but when I explained what would happen if I failed, he shut up and was fine with it. Ryan has been expecting me to be by his side at almost every moment. And although this is exciting and I fucking love it! We need air. It's been a month since we called it official and the sex! Sweet Jesus! The sex is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I'd give up going to Morocco to fuck him, and Morocco is a dream of mine!

But!

These assignments have the best of me lately and I think it's only because I've been so distracted. I think he and I need to come up with some kind of agreement. He can have me as much as he wants, but I need time with my friends and my schoolwork.

It's not like it's only sex when he and I are together. We do other things. We watch movies. We even manage to go further away from our 'comfort zone' of the city and have dinners. No one that we know, including Lacey, would ever go to some of the restaurants we go to. So, we've done that. It's just not often and we have to be very sneaky. But we do spend time together like couples would. We just tend to magnetize toward each other's lower halves more than anything else. I mean! The guy is thirty-three and we fucked four times the other night!

"I think my dad is hiding something!" Lacey states as she walks in and brings my attention away from Ryan and back to Ryan!

My eyes widen but I have to force them back to 'not wide'. "Why would you say that?" I ask, already having a feeling of where this is going.

"Well, this girlfriend of his! I'm almost concerned. Why haven't I met her? She makes him the happiest I have ever seen him, yet it's like he's purposely keeping her a secret!"

My lips spill open without me trying. "I wouldn't dig into it, Lace! It's not that important if he doesn't want you to meet her. I wouldn't be worried."
"But I am!" She argues, and I can see the frustration building on her face.

"Why?" I spill out the word without trying.

"Hannah! I swear when I go over there sometimes, she's there but hiding somewhere in the house and I don't understand it!"

I can't help but laugh. "Record yourself saying that, Lace! You sound goofy."

She's not goofy! She's right on the fucking nail! And this terrifies me. Because now she's not going to stop until she meets his girlfriend...or worse! Busts him and his girlfriend in the act! A.K.A me! Me! Me!

"I'm not goofy, Hannah." Fuck! She sounds serious. "I am one hundred percent sure last weekend...maybe it was the weekend before, I thought his girlfriend was there at the house. I tried investigating but he denied it. Then he had a phone call with his boss, Robby. I think he lied about the phone call."

My heart skips and I have to force myself to stop gasping. Now I'm fucking nervous! She's not going to find out about him and me. She won't! But she refuses to stop fucking digging! As her best friend, I need to convince her to stop.

"And what makes you say that? Crazy lady?" I joke and chuckle.

Her eyes glare at me and I realize she's not happy with me calling her that. "Because Hannah! I cannot believe I of all people am about to say this, but I heard him clapping someone's fucking cheeks while I was in his fucking apartment!"

I swallow the rapidly growing knot and feel that sudden dread falls upon me. "And are you positive he was fucking someone? I mean! Why would he do that if you're there waiting to go to breakfast?"