For Me

As we stand in the crowded pub, I feel nervous. I am always nervous. This pub is an old pub, with plenty of space. Although we live in a decent-sized city, I always get nervous because I have no idea if some regular from my job is going to spot me here. Yet, they don't know how old I am, so I shouldn't care.

Somehow, someway, we always get the bartenders to believe we are of age. We have fake I. D's, but they never ask for them. I think this bartender tonight wants me. He keeps eyeing me down. He smiles every time I look over at him. The problem is, I don't have any interest in him. He's not bad looking. I just don't date or screw bartenders. My preference and it's no one else's business.

They are blaring the jukebox tonight and there are a bunch of college kids hanging around. The odds of me finding one person to sleep with that should be a decent catch and hopefully, STD-free is high. And considering they are playing today's pop hits tell me most of the college guys are 'goody goodies'.

Yeah, I judge from time to time. I only judge because I am very selective about whom I sleep with. I don't even like one-night stands. I try my best to steer clear of them. But this is a special occasion. I need to get laid horribly bad. And I need to get my best friend's dad off my mind!

Claire is already talking to some college boy. And never mind. She is walking toward me now. "Not my type." She's quick to say.

I can't help but chuckle while looking at her scared and confused expression. "Why not?" I mock. "What did Mr. Perfect do to you within the thirty seconds you spoke to him?"

"The first words out of his mouth was 'Are you DTF' and shockingly I said, 'yes' and we spoke for a few seconds until I realized that was all he wanted."

"But..." I pause and sip from my girly, fruity, tasty drink. "Isn't that why we are here?"

"Yes!" She acknowledges. "But I don't want some guy eyeing me down and fucking me just to 'fuck' when I want them to acknowledge I exist outside of the 'fuck-me' zone. I want someone interested in me to sleep with. Not some frat boy looking to get his dick wet."

I swallow another drink of my drink, almost sending the straw down my throat. "But you're looking to ride a dick. What difference...wait! Are you trying to find an active possible relationship in this bar of all bars? Claire! This is the only bar we go to when we want to hook up with someone. And It's infrequent for me."

"Yeah..." She says while analyzing the bar loaded with frat boys and old farts. His eyes widen. "Holy shit! You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

I spin around and follow her eyes to Ryan! "Out of all bars in this city!" I say in disbelief. "How in the hell does he manage to come to this one!"

Claire taps my shoulder. "Do you think he will call us out? Tell the bartender and have us kicked out?"
"Fuck no!" I reassure her while looking at the date he has with him. I assume it's his date. "Is that Miranda Hope?"

Claire nods her head. She looks just as lost as I am. "It is. I can't fucking believe him. He specifically said he'd never date any of Lacey's friends!"

"Except that is not Lacey's friend," I argue and spin around, covering my face as he looks over at us. "We cannot stand her!"

Miranda Hope is twenty-one, but we went to high school with her. She's a massive bitch. She's hot! I will give her that. Flawless complexion. Perfect jawline for a woman. Big beautiful blue eyes. Light blonde hair that flows in fucking perfection and it pisses me off. Her body is in top fucking shape. And she used to joke about trying to get in Ryan's pants.

Every time Ryan would pick Lacey up from school, somehow Miranda always managed to be in the area. She'd hit on him. She didn't care if Brenda was with her. She didn't care if her parents were there. She did not fucking care. She wanted him so fucking bad. The question is, how does she have him right now? And why do I feel fucking jealous?