Terror

The bar is packed. The tables are loaded with people. I am hardly able to keep up. I have been rushing most of the day, but as of now, I've been fucking swamped. I'd love to smack the shit out of some of these assholes, but that's not an option. Customer service is very selective, and I select to be a bitch if I want to lose my job. Most days I'd love to lose my job, but then I remember I have to pay for most of my college.

It's pushing seven thirty and Lacey and Claire still aren't here. I shouldn't worry. Those two are always fashionably late. I have the same issue when I go out to parties or clubs, bars, whatever. I am always late.

Mike has been a little too helpful today and it's amazing but sometimes his niceness is a bit extreme. And I bet he's only acting like this because he's the only person I told about me sleeping with Ryan.

Yep! I told Mike! And he damn nearly lost his mind. I went into detail with Mike because he always wants every period in a story. He doesn't want to miss a single millisecond of it.

He congratulated me and playfully punched my arm. He's not the screaming, flailing, gay type. He's more masculine...until he sees a mouse. Then I hear his gay side come out.

"Lacey is here." Mike acknowledges and points toward the entrance. "And so is her dad."

Fuck! Not good!

My stomach twists, my heart sinks, my head feels numb, and my mind feels like jelly. Ryan came with Lacey, and I was supposed to wait for them! My body created a flow of energy earlier when he said my name and it almost made me wet! I'm trying to forget this fucking man! And he dares to come here with Lacey! He fucking knows this isn't going to work with him around!

Claire follows behind them, along with Roger. Looks like the girls aren't drinking tonight...or are they? Lacey can. Our state has a law that lets you drink with your parent...or maybe that changed the moment she turned eighteen. I don't care. If Ryan lets her drink, she will drink. I no longer need to worry about serving her and losing my job...although I do like the thrill!

Shit!

Is that why I enjoyed Ryan so much? He's my best friend's dad and getting busted would be the most thrilling thing ever! Did I fuck him and enjoy it for the thrill? I have that mentality in me, and I never once thought about that!

I look at Mike and give my best 'puppy eye' look. "Mike, can you take their table and tell Lacey I'm extremely busy!"

He gestures his hand toward them with confusion drawing on his face. "But they are here for you."

"I know! But the conversation you and I just had! Duh!"

He sighs and looks down at his tray of drinks. "You know Lacey is going to kick your ass for ignoring them. I can tell her you're super swamped. But she's hardheaded. She's going to force you to wait on them regardless. Listen, I love you! But this is your mess, and you have to somehow fight it head-on!"

"You're right," I admit and grab the menus. "I will wait on them. This is my problem."

I suck in a deep breath and shake the nerves out of me. Any other time and I wouldn't be nervous. But life changed drastically that night and I need to get over the entire fucking thing!

"Drinks?" I ask as I walk up to the table.

"Bitch!" Claire smiles and I know she's playing. "I didn't know you worked a double today! You have to be tired!"