Find Us

Thanks to my fucking friends, I've danced with like four different guys this evening. I can see it on Ryan's face. He's going fucking nuts. But I keep mouthing 'I love you' to him and...

I fucking love him! I fucking love Ryan!

He mouths it back to me every time but then he takes his fingers to his eyes and then points them to me, gesturing 'he's watching me' and it's cute. Claire has been like a fly on the wall, watching every second and I can't help but want to laugh because she's been laughing.

It's pushing a little past midnight and even though the reception is going strong many people are drunk and some are trying to leave. They are too drunk to leave. Many are staying at the hotel involved with the wedding reception. Ryan and I included and yes, we did get a room together. I cannot wait to moan his name while knowing Brenda will never get that fucking chance ever again.

"What about in the future?" I hear Lacey say as I step over to the group. Macey, Claire, Lacey, Becca, drunken Brenda, and even Ryan are all discussing something as I return from the bathroom.

I look around, my eyes radiating confusion as I look at everyone, including Ryan as he tries to smile at me without everyone looking. Claire's looking. I'm pretty sure she's always going to be keeping her attention on us whenever we are at an event.

"What is everyone talking about?" I ask and try smiling back at Ryan but quickly lower my head.

"Everyone and their plans on marriage in life," Lacey explains and looks over at Ryan. "How we all feel about it and who plans on getting married. Dad is dead set on never getting married again."

"He's..." Brenda slurs and pauses. "He's a dipshit! Our divorce isn't final yet and if this new girl thinks she's going to steal him from his family!"

"Really?" I question and narrow my eyes, giving him a look of 'curiosity'. "Ryan. No plans for marriage even if the right girl comes along?"

He runs his hand across the back of his neck. I can see the nerves on his face. He doesn't know how to answer. "It would take a girl of epic proportions to marry me. She'd have to be extremely good at what she does, and she'd have to swoop up my heart like no tomorrow."

"And..." Lacey interjects and looks into his eyes. "I hate to say this, Dad because I have not met this new girl yet, but she's got something on you. I've never seen you this 'glowing' and happy."

Ryan's nose scrunches and he shakes his head in disagreement. "What makes you think this new girl has anything on me? Why do you assume she has a hold over me? I can 'glow'."

"For starters!" Brenda raises her hand drunkenly. "You're not trying to get into my pants. Every time we've split up and I've come to you wanting you, you've always caved in. Not this time!"

"There is true happiness, Dad!" Lacey adds with a relieved-looking smile on her face. "You look happy. A hell of a lot happier than I've seen you in years and you've only been with this girl for how long? A week?"

"A month and a half," Ryan explains while fighting to keep his eyes away from mine.

"Holy shit!" Claire yells in shock. Which, I have no idea why she'd be shocked. I told her we've been fucking for that long.

Wait! Ryan is telling them he's been dating me for a month! That is not true, but no one but Claire knows it's me either, so it doesn't matter.

Lacey rests her head on Ryan's shoulder. "Dad! You've been dating this girl for over a month? And I'm just learning about all this?"

"Well..." He pauses, looks at me, and then back to Brenda. "I've been hooking up with this girl for a month. She and I made it official tonight. I..."

"How'd you make it official tonight?" Brenda questions and takes another sip from her glass of whiskey. "You've been here to whole time."