Chapter 18

Recap from chapter 17...

My mind was everywhere the whole time me and Lucifer hung out, the murder scene and him in general. I don't know how he feels but I don't wanna assume, I also don't wanna assume Lina has something to do with my death.

Why is this all so frustrating and confusing..

I need a sign

Anyone?

Just let me be at peace for now and forever..

//

I woke up in my empty bed, just me and the cat. Lucifer must have left early, I had a massive head ache. "God fuck me... those thoughts really messed me up.." I sighed and rolled over to the red light shining in my face behind the curtains that were left slightly opened. With a loud annoyed groan, I got up and closed the curtains, hopped back into bed and turned on my phone. No new messages from Lucifer, weird. I wonder what time he left, his side isn't warm anymore so it was awhile ago. Now thinking back onto the topic about what me and Lucifer were, it gave me an even bigger head ache. I dropped my phone onto my wide and covered my face with my hands massaging my eyes. "Okay so... we flirt together... dance... kiss... cuddle.. SLEEP IN THE SAME BED... this is all so confusing.." I sighed and sat up to a knock at my door.

"Miss y/n, I have breakfast for you... may I come in?" A soft voice called out behind the bedroom door. "Yup come in" I stretched my arms and swayed my legs to the side of my bed to fully sit up. A smaller imp demon came in with a tray full of fruits and toast, "I apologize for interrupting anything.." she smiled softly while gently placing the tray next to me. "Are you new? I've seen you before." I squinted my eyes and took a closer look. "Uh yes! I just started working last night, Lucifer liked my help at the ball since I was a volunteer and hired me here because.. I needed a better job. I'm Karissa!" I smiled at the imp girl, "nice to meet you Karissa, you already know my name" I took a sip of orange juice after she placed the glass down. "Oh ya, Lucifer is out today doing some "special" errands, he said it was urgent so to not wake you early and awake you later." I looked at the wall, maybe he's helping with my murder case... "well thank you, I appreciate it. If you need someone to talk to or anything at all just let me know." She gasped, "no no don't say that, if you need something YOU let ME know, miss y/n" I laughed a tucked my hair back. "Alright alright, and just call me y/n" The imp named Karissa bowed her head with a smile and took her leave closing the door silently.

I started to eat my breakfast until I heard a notification ding from my phone, in no hesitation, grabbed it and opened mine and Lucifer's conversation. He sent me a link to a untrusted website... I don't know... fuck it.

Instantly I was taken to a gallery of photos.. OF MY DEATH? "Oh I see... he went to earth and I guess he has this demon like powers to do more inspecting then human police"  Then he texted me, "I think we have our suspect"

Oh this will be interesting, especially there are pictures of my dead body that is currently disturbing me.