Chapter 16

((Again I'm sorry for me being absent, I've had some personal problems and I have a job now. Whenever I get motivated to write I tend to draw and not even write, but here's the ball chapter. Thank you for your patience))

Recap from chapter 15...

The ballroom scenery looked enchanted by glowing golden orbs floating around the room, the candle lights dimmed, the red light from the outside pentagram shining in, it all just fit so well together...

And now let the ball begin.

//

I was sitting at one of the tables taking small bites of cheese cake they had for desserts while others danced. My attention was on my friends dancing to the jazz music, filling the air with nice peaceful tunes. Demons swaying back and forth being spun in circles by others and dipped, dresses flowing around and smiles all around. I wouldn't say I felt lonely, I enjoyed the peaceful mood I was in, funny right? I'm in hell at a ball with demons actually feeling at peace. Last time I felt like this was when I was with my parents on our last Christmas together, the flames from the fire place warming our skin when it was a blizzard out, hot coco resting in our hands, gift wrapping paper in a trash bag hanging on the door, Christmas cookies on the table with drinks, and Christmas movies playing. I do miss my parents very much but you live and you learn, you live and you die, there's no stopping death.

While deep in thought, I didn't notice a demon joining me at the table until I heard a tv glitch that sent shivers down my spine. "Hello, you must be miss y/n?" I turned my head looking the tv demon up and down with a blunt face. "You're correct, you must be Vox. I'm familiar with your news channel and vox tech, you love saying anything to keep your viewers in your grasp, don't you?" I smirked taking a sip of my red wine as he chuckled. "Why yes, you must be talking about what I said when you first arrived in hell, let's not get heated my dear. It's just no one has seen someone being with Lucifer like this, especially a new dead soul." His tv face glitched into a wide smile but I can see the sin through his eyes. I nodded, "ya it wasn't my plan, I'm not supposed to be in hell but ever since a stupid party incident, this is the conclusion of my new life." I looked away taking my attention back to the demons dancing to the upper beat jazz song that is now playing. A chair moving caught my attention as he got up fixing his coat, "aha, this is a classic song that plays in hell. I asure you're unfamiliar?" He cracked a smirk. I just nodded taking another sip of my red wine. "Care to dance with me?" He held his hand out bowing a little waiting for my answer. I took another look at him up and down, "really? I don't know I'm not much of a dancer really.." Before thinking to myself, he just grabbed my hand and dragged me to the dance floor.

"Just follow my steps and you will be a professional darling~" he grabbed my hip with a strong grasp with one hand and grabbed one of my free hands with the other dipping me slowly when the beat slows down, then instantly picks me up and spins me when the beat hits fill the air causing me to squeal. During the dance I followed his lead cautiously trying to not step on his foot again and run into others near us. When a slow jazz song came on he wrapped his arms around my waist as I rested my hands on his shoulders trying to still keep a distance while on the other hand he was trying to get closer but not make it noticeable. "See? Your a pro now thanks to me" I chuckled, "ya stepping on your foot is very professional" While we made side comments back and fourth about our dancing, Lucifer came out of the crowd and stopped towards us. Fixing up his coat and coughing to gather mine and Voxs attention, he shot a glare at Vox then smiled at me. "May I have the next dance, miss Y/N?" "I wouldn't see w-" before even finishing my sentence, Vox pulled me in close forcefully. "Sorry King but we are dance partners for tonight, go find a slob in the sidelines." Lucifer gritted his teeth and glared up at Vox. "Vox let go of me." I pushed him off fixing my dress and taking a deep breath, "I'm not dealing with this, good day."

I went back to my table and took a sip of my red wine with a sigh. "Smile my dear, you're never fully dressed without one!" Alastor appeared from the shadows with a sinister grin plastered on his face causing me to jump a little and yelp. "Al! Don't scare me like that!" He chuckled as he properly took a seat a few inches from me. "Are you enjoying yourself?" I creeped a small look at him then smiled, "a little bit Vox really is to much" His grin fell a bit but it was still there. "Yes I know. He's the worst." I nodded and chuckled. Lucifer made his way towards me and Alastor. I already knew Al and luci never got along, Alastor got up and took his leave with a gentle goodbye.

"Hey y/n, I'm sorry about Vox.." he stood in front of me with a small smile. "Don't apologize everything is ok" I hummed with a smile. "I was being serious though, may I have this next dance?" He held out his hand. I gracefully took it, getting up with a small laugh. "Of course luci" He shined a bright smile and led me to the dance floor. "The next song is about to start give it a few more seconds..." I nodded in response. Like he said the next song did start playing after a few seconds, merry go round (howls moving castle).
"Oh I don't know how to waltz or you know..." I looked down at the floor as I clenched my sides of my dress due to being anxious. He grabbed my hands gently with a smile still on his face positioning our bodies to dance. "I'll lead, just follow. Ok?" I nodded with a small smile. With that being said, he twirled me slowly then pulled me in to his chest, guiding both of our steps in a circle like the other demons. Half way during the dance I caught on to the rhythm, which made everything easier for me. He ended the dance with a dip and our faces a few inches away from eachother panting while smiling. Pulling me up gently, he kissed my hand. "That was fun, I haven't danced like that with someone in awhile" I chuckled, "I have never danced like that before!" We both linked arms and let our legs guide us to wherever they wanted to go while we talked.

We arrived in the garden still chit chatting and arms linked together until Lucifer bent to the side to pluck a red rose and hand it to my free hand, "here you go" with a small smile and a red tint blush forming on his face. "Thank you hon, it's beautiful.." I smiled looking down at it still walking with Lucifer. We both took a seat on a white bench in a middle of a rose maze. "So how was your first ball?" I smiled and hummed looking down then looked at him, "it was good" "yeah?" .. "yeah, the food was rlly good too" He laughed and leaned back a little, "I told youuuu" He hummed. We sat in comfortable silence looking at the scene around us, well at least I was. I noticed that Lucifer was staring at me with a small smile, turning my head with a warm smile, "why you staring?" Causing him to jump a little and look down, "you are.. you're just beautiful I guess" he looked back up with a small smile. "Awww Lucí thank you.." I smiled with a blush forming across my face, I blew him a kiss and laughed. "I wish it wasn't blown and it was real..." He mumbled catching my attention. "Wait what?" My eyes widening as my face kept turning more red. "You heard me, y/n.." he leaned forward to meet my eyes, "you definitely heard me" We were both blushing just staring at eachother. The whole world, more like hell went silent. It felt like it was just us here in this world, it was peaceful and quiet. I smiled softly and put my hand on his leaning towards him. "Then come here.." without him thinking twice, he leaned in and crashed our lips gently together. We held hands while kissing for a few more seconds then backed off slowly but stopping when our faces were only a few inches away. The eye contact made my knees buckle and a smile grow wide on my face with drooping eyes while he smiled and used his free hand to hold my face. He pulled me in again and the kiss became more tender, romance was definitely in the night in hells air.

He pulled off with a smirk on his lips, "what?" I was Confused as hell. Lucifer chuckled slightly and snapped his fingers to make us appear in my room. Pushing me down on my bed and getting on top of me only to kiss me more. I noted down in my brain that Lucifer is a VERY touchy person when it comes to this. After awhile, the making out stopped due to use catching our breaths while staring at eachother. He smiled and kissed me gently, "I've always wanted to do this with you ever since I met you..." He then cuddles me, holding me close. When we were making out I unbuttoned his long sleeve since it was getting heated before he pinned my hands down beside my head. I gently caressed his chest with a smile, "I'm glad Luci.."

And with that, we fell asleep from being drained from tonight's event, but we were happy.

I was happy.

But now come to think of it...

Lucifer, what are we?

//

Yuh guys I uploaded woah, definitely didn't make this while laying in a boiling bath... LOL ANYWAYS STAY TUNED!