Chapter 12 - Blessing

Start from the beginning

"In the end, I believe we were all just part of something we are greatly inferior to."

"But that won't stop anything, will it?"

"Say..."

"I know this well... But I'll ask this only once."

"What truly are your reasons for joining me at this high-risk juncture?"

"Your reasons are not as simple as you let on."

Although, elsewhere, traveling around the second multiverse...

"...So, to be precise, the new strategy is that since it's just you and me, they will be more tempted to attack us, that's when Core will send in the rest to help us and catch them off-guard?" Dust asked Zeph who stood from behind him, Dust piloted the Gaster Blaster speedily yet patiently through the second multiverse as the two's eyes were fully attentive.

"Yep, and if you were wondering, you and I were sent out because they likely believe I'm the strongest in the group, and you're the one he has a vendetta the most on the most so that ups our chance of, rather ironically being targetted..." Zeph confirmed as he let out a small laugh before deciding to sit back down on the Gaster Blaster's head to relax.

"Y'know, it's a little odd... Usually, they all go on an extreme offensive, but this calamity seems to be a lot more... Careful and slow, it's nauseatingly tense," Dust commented as he heaved out a steady sigh.

"Because all the enemies we've faced were mostly Embodiments, so that puts us at their level, these guys no doubt are far from being even an Embodiment, so I could see why they would be playing carefully..." Zeph answered, and for a moment, what followed next was a ghastly silence only accompanied by the whisking winds as they sped past numerous universes...

"So, Error told me that you found your past self, how'd you feel when that happened?" Dust spoke out of the blue, this question caused Zeph's posture to straighten in a surprised response, but nevertheless, he was quick to calm.

"Ah, I suppose it was a bit nostalgic, felt like I fixed something, but I'm not sure what," Zeph shrugged his arms as he spoke rather passionately.

"That's good... Say, you never really told me your past before, could you perhaps give a short story while we're making our way?" Dust suggested as a smirk emerged from his face as he turned to look at Zeph.

"...Heh, uh, now that you ask that... I ain't really sure myself," Zeph said, puzzling Dust just as much as he did himself the two blankly stared at each other for a short moment before Dust turned back to his front.

"Really? Well, what gives? Memory loss or something? Resets maybe?" Dust questioned in a genuinely curious tone.

"Probably the first, sorry I'm just telling this now but when I try to remember the more specific parts of my past I just fall short," Zeph replied in a truthful yet playful tone as he scratched the back of his head before letting out a small yet disappointed sigh.

"Well, that's alright, I think all things come inevitably, so who knows, maybe your memories will just flash into your mind again..." Dust assured as he shrugged his shoulders before speeding up his Gaster Blaster's pace.