twenty-two

CAMILA'S POV

It almost took an atomic bomb to let me come back to LA with Lauren.

Will was afraid that it would make the Camren rumors grow but at this point, who gives a fuck?

I have a now missing girlfriend and all I want is to get her back.

The uber car dropped us off outside of our mansion but the gate was obviously forced opened by a large vehicle.

Cops were pulled in and parked in our driveway. We hurried up the stone path to see a police officer conversing with an official.

He turned around to hold out his hand, "Missus, you can't be here right now. This is private property."

"This is OUR private property, sir." Lauren grouchily replied. "We live here and my girlfriend was in this house before and after we left."

The officer nodded to the official with a sad look. "Ladies." The tall official pointed towards a FBI truck to walk over, "We need to talk before we go in there."

Lauren protested angrily, "Fuck that. I want to go inside and see my girlfriend."

"Ma'am-" He tried to stop her but Lauren serpentined into the house and I followed closely behind.

The damage was obvious. The door was broke down and there were red boot prints on the wood floor leading up to the stairs. Multiple picture frames of Y/N and us were broken. Lauren sprinted up the stairs and we saw every single bedroom door had been forced open in some way, shape, or form.

We slowly crept to Y/N's room in fear of what we would see. The door was destroyed worse than when Lauren's broke it down. She wasn't anywhere in the bedroom but we kept pursing to see her phone was sitting on the floor of the bathroom.

The official came into the room behind us, "Misses, we need to speak with you downstairs to go over all of this."

Lauren nodded to grip my hand and guide me back downstairs. I could see that even she didn't know what to think.

Did he have her? Did he kill her already? Where was Y/N?

--

"Would you two like some water?" The official said.

Lauren gritted her teeth, "Id like some fucking answers."

I put my hand on her lap to try and cool her down. This isn't something we should have to deal with at our age. This isn't something anyone should deal with in general.

The stress and guilt would eat away at her and it would only make it worse for the girls and I.

"Can I have some water?" I asked softly. I was so nervous that there was no spit in my mouth. I just felt kind of numb. Like none of this was real.

He nodded and had an officer bring me a water bottle before he started.

"I didn't get to properly introduce myself. I am Special Agent Holland from the FBI." He pulled out a file with tons of papers stashed in it. He grabbed a walkie talkie from a bag and pressed on the side, "Will you please bring the laptop with the 'Call' on it please."

Holland softly thumbed through the papers to find what he was looking for and pull out a few pages.

"Now, listen. We've been on the trail for Y/N's father for years on end. I'm actually specialized in the case. He's a tricky man but he's not as smart as he thinks. He always leaves a trail behind him. I don't know if you two are aware that he's an extremely dangerous man. He's murdered many women."

"Many?" Lauren asked in amazement. She obviously knew more about this only because it interested her more than I.

"About ten to be sure. He's changed his alias so many times that we don't even know what he calls himself now. Now, he kept a journal left it at one of his crime scenes. It explained all the reasons why he did the things he's done." Holland continued as a man came in to sit down an opened laptop on the table.

Lauren leaned back in her chair, "No offense but who gives a fuck about his reasonings. I want my girlfriend."

"Miss, I'm explaining this to you because we could use your help. If Y/N isn't found soon, he will in fact kill her." When he said that, my heart broke. "He has a advanced case of Schizophrenia. One of the most aggressive cases many people have seen. In his journal," He slid copies of papers in front of us to look at, "He explains them to be people who want to take over him. He also explains how he kills in order to find protection from these beings but the most protection he could find is in Y/N."

"Like-like a sacrifice?" I asked, trying to believe this but crazier shit has happened.

Hell, Im in a relationship with two girls.

"Precisely. Now, we need to know if there are any abandoned places around here. Any at all. That's where he's been known to hide after he's made his 'captures'." Holland took out a pen and paper.

"There's a few old cabins like fifteen miles from here. That's the most abandoned as you can get in LA." Lauren calmly responded.

"How do you know about cabins?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "Well, when I would get angry and leave, I didn't go to a hotel."

Holland began swiping on the mouse pad to go from window to window on the computer screen. "When Y/N called the police for assistance, she left a message for her 'girlfriends' whom I'm assuming is you." He seemed so chill about the whole 'girlfriends' thing which made me a little happy in this shitty moment.

"Before you show us where these cabins are, I think you should hear this." He continued and pressed play.

I could hear the fear in her voice as she began trying to explain where she was and what was happening. The shakiness and breathy-ness of it all was too much.

I reached for Lauren's hand and she gripped it tightly to give me a little comfort.

"Rose, if I don't make it out of here. Will you tell my girlfriends something?" I could hear her voice get raspier. Almost as if she was trying to stay quiet but her emotions were too strong.

"Ma'am, you'll make it-" The dispatcher tried to keep Y/N's hopes up but it was no use.

"Rose, please."

"Go ahead." Rose instructed.

"Tell them I love them. Okay? I'm sorry I got myself into that mess and they had to watch me for so long and worry. I'm sorry we got into fights and didn't say 'I love you' enough." As soon as Y/N finished saying that, the door busted open and it sounded like she dropped the phone so hard that it just disconnected.

That's all we got.

A goodbye from her.

Tears began dropping down my soft cheeks. I couldn't help but be emotional.

What if we're too late?

I looked over to see Lauren crying for herself. Tears dripping down that porcelain face. I haven't seen her cry like that since our X-factor days.

This is how I know she truly cares.

With all the bullshit she's done, its hard to look away from her bad side but that little piece of Lauren I know and love is still there.

The one I fell in love with. The one that fell in love with me.

Lauren sniffled and straightened up to regain her composure, "Are we just gonna sit here or are we leaving?"

--

A/N:

U GET AN UPDATe and U GET AN UPDATE. I FEEL LIKE FUCKING OPRAH BECAUSE IM POSTING EVERYWHERE. ENJOY.

OH YEAH. I MADE A CAMREN MINI SERIES THAT WILL PROBABLY MAKE YOU ALL CRY BY THE 4TH CHAPTER. #TRIGGERWARNING

"The Birds" is in my works, hunties

-agf