twenty-one

My eyes slowly opened to a dark room with a candle burning slowly on the night stand beside me.

I glanced around to see a wood room, like a cabin. Except it wasn't fancy at all. It was run down and dirty. I lifted my head to see my arms and legs strapped down on a bed.

"Help me!" I screamed out at the top of my lungs, "Someone, please!"

"Shh! Are you trying to make the wildlife leave?! That makes us look suspicious." Dad said holing a coffee mug, looking just as doped out as ever.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I shook my head, "Let me up."

He shook his head, "Not yet. Not until I can trust you. And not until I know that they'll leave you alone."

"Trust me?" I was highly confused and utterly scared. Even if I was able to move, my arms still wouldn't work.

A loud siren screeched from the outside, but it wasn't anything like the generic police or fire department siren. This was like the 'hills have eyes' type of siren. Something so loud and blaring that it hurt my ears.

He could tell I was cringing and he walked over to softly caress my face, "Don't worry, baby girl. That's just to keep them away. They don't like loud sounds."

"Who is they?" I was a wreck. Tears were starting to fall.

I could feel his rough hands on the skin of my face. All calloused and worn.

"They are the ones who kept you away from me. They are the ones who made your mother sick. They are the ones watching us all the time." He explained almost tweaking out of his mind.

I couldn't take it. I was so mortified that tears just kept streaming. "Please." I begged. "Just let me up. That's all I want. Please."

He sighed out looking down at the ropes that were bonding me to the bed.

His hands reached down to undo the tight knots and release my crippled arms before releasing my legs.

Dad reached over to help sit me up in the bed.

I could see plastic bags and papers sprawled out on the wood based floor. Dirt and grime covered the area and I just felt so disgusted.

"We'll be here for a few days then we're leaving." Dad spoke up grabbing his coffee mug from a desk. Although it made a clanging noise. Like there was ice in it.

His footsteps trailed out of the room into another part of the cabin which freaked me out.

How am I gonna get away from here? Away from him? What if he kills me?

LAUREN'S POV

"Tell Will to stop the bus!" I screamed, hopping out of my bunk.

"What's wrong?" Ally asked, getting up from her seat in the lounge to calm me down.

It was a little hard to fully find the exact words without stuttering like a idiot, "Y/N called me. I thought it was just to talk but she wasn't there. I mean, she was there but I could hear banging. Then a man said "Y/N, it's your Dad."

"Her Dad?" Camila exclaimed, popping out from behind the curtain of her bunk. I guess she was so caught off guard, she forgot she snuck into Dinah's bunk and fell onto the floor from three feet up.

I walked over to help her up on her feet.

Camila latched onto me and started to shake, "Lo, her Dad is a bad man."

I nodded to her, "I know that." I grabbed her hand and pulled her over to Ally, "She hung up on me and then wouldn't answer when I called back. He got her Ally and there's no telling what his demented ass is going to do with her."

Ally stomped over to the door connecting into the driving cab of the tour bus and knocked repetively.

I could hear her whisper from a far but the bus kept moving.

Camila wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her face into my chest to comfort herself. Although, I needed a sense of security too.

I pulled her off and made her look into my eyes, "Camila, go get me your phone right now. I gotta call the police."

Camila snuffled and went over to my bunk to grab the phone.

I hurried to dial 911 and listened to the ringing of the tone before I heard a lady say, "9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"Yes, okay. My girlfriend called me from our house and I think she was kidnapped by her father."

"Ma'am, please slow down. Explain to me more about your girlfriend and where she's at." The lady said in a numbing voice that made me want to shoot my own brains out.

I gave her the address and the information and she paused before continuing her idiotic spew of nonsense. I hate anything that has to do with authority.

"Now, tell me why you think she's in danger."

"Her father is a fucking nut case. Just please send police to that house. I can't get there right now, I'm on a bus but I'm on my way back. Just find her okay. My name is Lauren Jauregui. Thank you."

I hung up the phone when I noticed that Ally was in front of me.

"What did Will say?" My tone was hopeful.

Ally sighed, "He said he won't allow us to get off of the bus to go back to LA. I'm sorry."

My anger was built up fully. I jolted up and hit the cab door before entering and slamming it behind me. Will was in the passenger seat listening to his iPod. I yanked the ear buds out of his ears and let the words spill from my mouth, "Let me off this god damn bus, Will."

He glared at me and retrieved the headphones from my clutch, "No can do. I'm not the only person in management. And if I make a executive decision, I will get into trouble. Y/N is not worth it."

"Fuck you! She's mine and Camila's girlfriend. She's been in the picture longer than you have. Stop this god damn bus or I'll jump off." I threatened him.

His hand gripped my wrist and he gave me a stern look, "Don't play dumb, Lauren. She will be fine."

"HER DAD IS AT THE HOUSE AND SHE'S NOT ANSWERING HER PHONE. HE'S KILLED TWO WOMEN TO GET TO HER." I explained before yanking my arm away from him.

"And how do you know this?" He challenged.

"Maybe I'm not as dumb as I seem, Will. I'm not joking. If this bus doesn't get back to LA, I'll quit. Think of all of the Lauren girls willing to drop fifth harmony because I leave." More threats had to be made. This is more than serious. I know what Y/N's Dad is capable of.

He sighed out and nodded, "Get back there and sit down. We will get you and only you to the airport. But this is the last time you go to rescue Y/N."

"I'm going too." Camila said, barging into the room.

"No, Camila. Get out." Will demanded.

Camila responded with a raised brow, "'Two members of Fifth Harmony quit the band.' I'm sure Lauren and I would have a good life making money off of the Camren rumors that could create."

Will groaned, "Both of you need to get back there now. We will figure this out when we get to the airport."

I grabbed Camila's hand and guided her into the lounge room and pulled her into my arms once I sat down on the couch.

I've already almost lost Y/n once, if I lose her again, that'll be it.