twenty

The banging continued once more until it stopped.

"Y/N!" A gravely, deep voice said. "It's your father. I'm not going to hurt you. Okay? I know you were took from me and I'm here to take you back home where you belong."

I was so terrified, I had to use all the force in my body to move my hand to my mouth in the hopes that it would muffle my fear.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom, avoiding all the squeaky floorboards. My phone was still gripped in my other hand.

I didn't even look down to see if Lauren answered. I just pressed end and called 911.

I'm hoping that she heard him talk, though. If I go missing, she'll know.

My feet landed on the cold tile floor as I tried to close the door as quietly as possible but being crippled with shitty arms doesn't help much.

My energy was failing but I did my best to bring the phone to my ear, "911, what's your emergency?"

A breath hitched in the back of my throat, "I-I'm in my h-house and my Dad is here."

"Ma'am, why are you calling?" The lady with a stern voice asked.

"He's beating on the door, trying to get in. I-I-I haven't seen him since I was little. I think he's gonna hurt me. Plea-ase. You gotta get here quick."

"Ma'am, calm down. Tell me your name and where you are."

I gritted my teeth trying to think, "I-um, never learned the address to this place. It hasn't been on my mind that often but my name is Y/N."

"Okay, breathe." She directed me with a now soft but confident voice. "We're finding you now, Y/N. Just stay on the line with me. Okay? Tell me about something while the police get there."

I breathed out, "Ma'am, w-what's your na-ame?"

"Rose."

"Rose, if I don't make it out of here. Will you tell my girlfriends something?" I said trying to keep my composure and stay in a soft tone.

"Ma'am, you'll make it-"

"Rose, please." I begged.

"Go ahead." She instructed.

"Tell them I love them. Okay? I'm sorry I got myself into that mess and they had to watch me for so long and worry. I'm sorry we got into fights and didn't say 'I love you' enough." I told her.

The bedroom door busted open and I was stunned. All I could do was sit and wait.

"Y/N." He spoke softly. "Just come out and talk. I've traveled a long way to find you."

I kept my jaw tight.

The doorknob jiggled again and this time I got more fearful.

I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down to see Lauren's name coming up but I wasn't going to leave Rose. She was the only thing that I could rely on.

"Honey, please open up. The things- what you heard about me isn't completely true okay? I feel like I'm protecting you from something. Your mother, she-she didn't understand." He sounded mental. Completely insane. "But I know you will. You're my baby girl. Now if you'd- OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, WE COULD TALK." His voice got scary.

Eventually, his foot collided with the door multiple times.

I just kept my jaw tighter and tighter. I'm surprised my teeth didn't break.

Finally the door busted open, breaking wood off the door frame and making the door knob become unscrewed.

There he was. My Dad. Now older and more buff than before. His hair was gray and he grew a thick, thick beard.

He looked worn out but also tweaked.

"Honey," He bellowed out, "Come on. We'll get you to safety."

"Please." I begged. "I'm okay here. Just leave me alone."

"GET UP!" He ordered.

"I c-can't."

"Why not?" His voice got soft and his brown eyes brightened.

"My arms don't work." I admitted.

"What did they do to you?" He asked with a fearful voice, "Nevermind. There's no time to explain." He picked me up swiftly to cradle me in his arms. I couldn't fight back, "They're coming. We only have a little bit of time."

"Who are they?" I asked feeling the fear building in my stomach.

"I'll tell you later. They won't stop following me. I-I tried to protect you." I explained as we made it closer out of the house, "But they said they'd get to you even if I stayed away. Your Mom was in on it too."

He was crazy. There was nothing I could do. I saw my freedom and safety be ripped away once we passed the threshold of the front door.

"Mom was sick." I told him, trying to get some sanity to shoot through that brain.

"They made her sick. I helped her though." He breathed out.

We got closer to a damaged truck and he put me in the passenger side before slamming the door shut and running to the drivers side.

I studied the interior of he truck. My eyes gazed down to the floorboards and there was a red liquid covering the rubber mat.

"What's that?" My eyes widened.

"They did that." He exclaimed swerving out of the driveway.

We left the mansion and the vicinity of it all. Driving almost 60 miles down the residential area of other houses.

With each mile, I felt myself get weaker and my thoughts grow stronger.

How will I get out of this? Will the girls find me? What is he going to do to me?

Dad drove out onto the highway and put one hand into the console to rummage through it while keeping his left hand on the wheel.

"What are you looking for?" I sniffled, clutching my body to the door.

He pulled out a brand new needle and a vile. The top of the needle flew off and he stuck it into the liquid to pull into the needle.

"We have a long trip ahead of us and you need your sleep." He explained while thumping the needle.

"We're leaving LA?"

He smiled at me crookedly, "Yes, but don't worry. California will do for now."

The needle pierced into my thigh and he pushed down the plunger. I could feel the medicine enter my body.

Soon, the road got hazey, and my mind was just as fuzzy.

I don't know when it happened, but I passed out.