Beneath the guitar, there was a sloppy drawing of Shadow himself with the chao next to him, the two seemingly seemed to share a tender moment in the drawing and there was a heart above Shadow's drawing.
"Uh..." Shadow blushed a little as well, not sure how to respond to such special gift.
"Chao...chao?" the chao spoke in sad undertone and formed a spiral above its head while sitting down and slowly turning sad. It's as if it was asking "you don't like it?" Shadow looked at the chao afterwards and setting the paper neatly on the table he reached out for the chao to give its head a soft pat.
"You did an amazing job, little one," he said softly and saw the chao cheering up afterwards as it flew up and snuggled to his chest while forming heart above its head.
"Chaooooo!" it exclaimed and even softly giggled while nuzzling the hedgehog's fluffy chest fur. Shadow was honestly melting over the cuteness deep down, but on the outside he just kept blushing and tried to somehow eat his breakfast, so he could finally go revive Sonic from the coma.
"Mmm, chao chao," it was impossible to eat peacefully, when the chao suddenly grabbed his hand with the fork and took the piece of pancake to its own mouth to taste it.
"Hey! That's my breakfast!" Shadow growled at it, but the chao just moved to sit on the table and rubbed its belly as the pancake was very delicious for it. Shadow smacked his face with his hand and released a sigh of resignation. The chao seems to be completely unbothered by his spiky behavior. Eventually, the hedgehog was finally able to eat his breakfast mostly by himself with the chao taking just few little bites occassionally. Afterwards, Shadow also ate some of the offered fruits from the bowl and lastly his eyes landed on the pastille again. He hesitated for a bit, but then shrugged and took the thing to his fingers grip. What worse could happen, than him getting paralyzed or even sedated, right? He shoved the pastille to his mouth and felt it instantly melting, as the weird fruity taste spread all across his tongue and made him grimase a little. There was a mix of sweet, bitter and a bit of sour tastes, only the salty was missing to make it truly perfect mix of chaos.

Swallowing the strange mixture he then emptied the glass of juice given to him along with the breakfast and now with a satisfied stomach he got up and stretched a bit.
"Chao?" the chao tilted its head and got up as well, standing on the table it was ready to follow him wherever he would go.
"Stay here, little one. I need to do something really important now and it's best if you wait for me here," Shadow said calmly and gently patted the chao's head, earning the display of the chao's heart forming above its head and its eyes sporting a cute smiley expression. Shadow's own lips curved into a small smile at the sight, the hybrid found himself obviously truly hard to resist such cuteness.
"Chao chao," the chao nuzzled Shadow's hand happily before sitting down and promising to stay in the room and wait for his return. Shadow nodded in approval before forming the typical stoic expression on his face as he walked out of the room and headed to the doctor's lab.

Eggman was reading some files in his computer and did not register Shadow coming in due to how quietly the hedgehog was moving.
"Ahem," Shadow cleared his throat to get Eggman's attention.
"Woah, Shadow, don't you do that to me," the man placed his hand on his big chest as he turned around to face the hedgehog and get up from the chair.
"Apologies.. so, shall we begin?" Shadow raised a brow, already getting impatient while placing one hand on his hip and tapping the floor with the tip of his right foot.
"Of course, Shadow. But first I need to run a test on you," Eggman replied and facing the control panel he hastily pressed a few buttons, with the last pressed button another capsule came out of the ground and the wings of its lid opened. Half to the left, half to the right. This capsule was different from the one Sonic laid in, because this one was for scans and tests primarly. Secondarily, it could be used for hibernation, but Eggman never had any reason to use such function, thus he kept that capsule only for the test purposes.

"Get in, Shadow," was the man's simple command, but Shadow grimased at the empty capsule and scoffed in response.
"No way I would ever get in any of those," he opposed while crossing his arms as he returned his gaze back to Eggman.
"You need to cooperate with me, if you want him back," Eggman pointed at Sonic while sounding strict now, making Shadow look at the sleeping blue hedgehog in the other capsule. The hybrid so much hated the fact, that Eggman just knew how to get to him, so releasing a sharp sigh he reluctantly complied and angrily got into the open capsule. Eggman didn't pay attention to the hedgehog's rebellish behavior and closing the lid he activated metallic straps to pin the hybrid down to it, so he wouldn't move during the important scans.
"Hey! You didn't-"
"Calm down, Shadow! I am not trapping you inside, just stay still for the scan, it will take a while," Eggman quickly cut the hybrid off and launched the main scan of the lifeform's entire body for his energy flow and overall his health condition. The scanning laser was moving pretty slow, making Shadow gradually lose his patience and sanity.
"Can you make it faster?" the hybrid growled and had to close his eyes, when the laser reached his face. It was moving from his head sloooowly towards the rest of his body.
"Rushed tests wouldn't give me a proper results, Shadow," Eggman opposed and watched the computer screen, where the results, one by one, were popping up and showing Shadow's condition. So far, the hedgehog seems to be fine, except for his temperature being higher than usual, now most likely due to Shadow feeling upset.
"Doctor, please," Shadow sounded desperate and once the laser moved over to his chest, he opened his eyes and tried his best to not panic due to the small space in the capsule. He had a hidden claustrophobia, but never spoke of it, as it was an embarassing fact about him.
"Hang on, Shadow! You can do this, only the lower body parts remain to be scanned," Eggman tried to ease the hedgehog's nerves. Shadow rather closed his eyes and tried to imagine himself being anywhere else but in the capsule with minimum space and metallic straps keeping him down.