𝐱𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

Start from the beginning

He pointed toward the junkyard. The suns glow had faded which made the junkyard look sinister.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

We set up camp for the night. Nobody wanted to go dumpster-diving in the dark.

Zoe and Bianca produced six foam mattresses and five pillows.

"Wait, where's my pillow?" Percy looked around.

"You don't get one," Zoe said. "You're lucky you got a mattress, we only packed enough for five."

Bianca rummaged in her pack. "Wait, I have a spare pillow—"

"No." Zoe stopped her from pulling it out. "No pillow for the boy."

The night was cold fast. Thalia zapped some wood to make a fire but it didn't help much.

"The stars are out," Zoe said.

I looked at the millions of stars across the sky.

After some random talks about coffee and proper English. Everyone had fallen asleep except a pillow-less Percy and me.

"Do you want my pillow?" I asked him. His eyes lit up at the thought of it.

"Really?" He sounded so excited over the thing. He dragged his mattress over beside me and I handed him the pillow.

I smiled when he plopped down on the pillow. "Thanks, flower power."

"You're welcome, seaweed brain," I laughed slightly.

He looked at where my pillow had been before, like he realized I was missing one now.

"Here," he moved over and left space on the pillow for me. "We can share it."

I thought about it for a minute, then moved over. Our faces were so close together, I could feel my face burn up.

Before I knew it I had fallen asleep, it was the first time ever I didn't have a horrible nightmare.

A blinding light woke me up. I was hoping it was Apollo giving us a ride again but the dazzling white limousine said otherwise.

The back door of the limousine opened next to Percy and I. Before I could move a blade was pointed at Percy's throat.

I drew my sword and pointed it at the owner of the other sword pushed Percy back.

He smiled cruelly. "Not so fast now, are you punk?"

I recognized the tall broody man.

"Ares," I greeted him coldly.

The war god glanced at everyone aiming weapons at him. "At ease, people."

He snapped his fingers and my sword has fallen to the floor, like everyone else's weapons.

"This is a friendly meeting," he dug the point of the blade a little farther under Percy's chin and I winced. "I would love to take your head as a trophy, but someone wants to see you. And I never behead my enemies in front of a lady."