𝐢𝐢. 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act iii. . .
. . .true love, that doesn't exist

CHAPTER TWO°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
— 'meeting the goddess of the hunt'

ೃ࿔*:・    — 'meeting the goddess of the hunt'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy °❀⋆.ೃ*:

I'm not really sure what monster Dr. Thorn was, but he was fast.

Maybe if I could get my shield out I could defend us. All it would take was a touch of my wrist watch. We needed help, and there was only one way I could think to get it.

I closed my eyes.

"What are you doing, Jackson?" Hissed Dr. Thorn. "Keep moving!"

I opened my eyes and kept shuffling forward. "It's my shoulder," I lied, trying to sound miserable, which wasn't hard. "It burns."

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!"

Thorn herded us outside, and I tried to concentrate. I pictured Grover's face. I had never tried to contact Grover with the empathy link before, I didn't even know if it would work while Grover was awake.

Hey Grover! I thought. Thorns kidnapping us! He's a poisonous spike-throwing maniac! Help!

Thorn marched us through the woods. We took a snowy path dimly lily by old-fashioned lamplights. My shoulder ached. The wind blowing through my ripped clothes was so cold I felt like a Percysicle.

"This wasn't apart of the plan, im guessing?" Rayn whispered.

"Not exactly," I said, trying to think of a new plan. "Maybe if we get into the water somehow I could—"

"There is a clearing ahead," Thorn said, interrupting me. "We will summon your ride."

"What ride?" Bianca demanded. "Where are you taking us?"

"Silence, you insufferable girl!"

"Don't talk to my sister that way!" Nico said. His voice quivered, but I was impressed that he had the guts to say anything at all.

Dr. Thorn made a growling sound that definitely wasn't human. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I started projecting my thoughts to Grover like crazy, Grover! Apples! Tin cans! Get your furry goat behind out here and bring some heavily armed friends!

"Halt," Thorn said.

The woods opened onto a cliff overlooking the sea. At least, I sensed the sea was there.