𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
   . . .as deep as the seafloor

           CHAPTER TWO°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
        — 'painfully awkward trip home"

ೃ࿔*:・        — 'painfully awkward trip home"

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

Annabeth was waiting in an alleyway. She pulled us off the sidewalk just as a fire truck sped past, heading for Percy's school.

"Where'd you find him?" She pointed at Tyson.

I stood with my arms crossed looking at Percy and his friend.

"He's my friend." Percy looked at both of us.

"Is he homeless?" I asked him.

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him." Percy turned towards his friend.

"He can't talk?" I looked up at the massive boy.

"I talk." He admitted. "You are Percy's pretty girl from the—"

Percy punched him in the arm, it looked like he tried to cover it but failed.

"So, who is he anyway?" I looked over at Percy.

"His name is Tyson." Percy looked down at his friend's hands. "Tyson, your hands arent even burned."

"Of course not." Annabeth muttered. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around."

Tyson kept staring at me, then he reached to touch my hair so I smacked his hand away.

"What are you talking about? Laistry-what?" Percy glanced between Annabeth and I confused.

"Laistrygonians. The monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north." Annabeth kept side-eyeing Tyson. "Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them as far south as New York before."

"Laistry- I can't even say that. What would you call them in English?"

Annabeth didn't answer him so I did. "Canadians."

"Yeah, come on let's get out of here." Annabeth glanced around the group, avoiding Tyson as much as she could.

"The police will be after me."

"That's the least of our problems." She said. "Have you been having the dreams?"

"The dreams... about Grover?"

I could feel the colour drain from my face. "Grover? What about Grover?"

Percy explained his dream to us. "Why? What were you dreaming about?"