1. CAGE

Y/n pov

I was looking out of the glass window in my office which I especially customised to get the beautiful night view of seoul from the 57th floor. Slowly lights around turned on lighting the whole Seoul. Soon two drops of tears fell from my eyes.

It's not new for me but every time I thought I was used to being alone reality hits me hard and sadness rushed all over me

Today I turned 25 and no one knows about it. No one wished me it's not like I'm a child to still celebrate my birthday but I don't even have anyone to acknowledge.

I'm just a robot in the eyes of people who always work and only born to work.

You might ask what about my parents well, I'm just a mistake to them. They had me when they knew barely anything about the world. My mom is 18 when she had me and so did my dad.

My grandfather is one of the most successful and richest businessmen in Asia and chairman of "Mirae" groups and his only daughter is my mom who had me when she was only 18 and my Father is a rising actor which made commotion around the korea that chaebol heiress had child out of wedlock with rising star

It angered my grandfather so much but he has no other option. He only had one daughter who is uninterested in business while he needs someone to take over the company after him and he thought I'm a good opportunity to make me someone who is potential enough to take over Mirae groups

So, he made a deal with my parents that he let my mom live her life only if she left me here with my grandparents and she accepted it immediately well, what i heard from the maids around. She married an American and settled there. She even had two kids.

eventually everyone forgot about my existence giving an opportunity for my father to rise again while he married his co-actress and also had child.

Both my parents had a life of their own now. They still act like my parents but i know very well that they just don't want to be bad people That's why they still contact me every then and now just for formality

About my life here with my grandparents. It's like life of a parrot in a cage I only lived to satisfy my grandfather. All my life is only for the sake of the company and for my grandfather.

You might find it funny but I don't know who I am as a person cause I never got a chance to explore. I have worked, studied all my life back to back to take over the company. I have successfully got the trust of my grandfather being the youngest women CEO and being the top influential business women's top 100 around the world of forbes magazine.

But I still had long way to became chairwomen as long as my grandfather is alive but it's obvious that I'm the one who is the next chairperson. So i have no break but work till the end and only work .

Because of this I never got a chance to have friends cause everyone is afraid of me because of my grandfather. I have no skill to make friends nor the time.

You won't believe that i have never once played hide and seek or barbie games like other kids do.

Living in my grandparents mansion is like living in jail that's why I moved out as soon as I turned 18 and now I'm living in a penthouse of 110th floor.

This is my property. Which I bought without my grandfather help or money. You might think i have bought all the floor but No it's only the floor I'm living. I love living above. Cause when I watch from here i can't see people well which makes it better cause if I see people around with their family or friends. I wanted to live like them.

The chain of thoughts halted when I heard a knock on my door I wiped the lone Tear on my cheek while setting my poster letting out a deep
"come in"

Author pov

"Happy Birthday y/n-ah~sorry for the late I only got time after taking my grandchildren out to theme park" said a man who is around in his early 60's in his informal outfit which is rare for y/n to witness.

"Ahjusshi....you remember" yn Said with a small smile which is the most genuine. She is forever grateful to the man in front of her. It's Mr. Choi jeonghun who is the senior most employee in Mirae groups who worked with Mr. Kang taejoon (y/n grandfather). He is the one who trained yn. He is the only one who genuinely helps and loves yn. If it's not for him yn should have gone crazy but he is always there for her.

Jeonghun is like a father figure to yn. She respects him more than anyone. Even tho how high his position is he let his pride aside and worked as yn's personal assistant ever since she became CEO but now as he retires he sometimes comes and visits yn.

"Of course how can I forget about my ex-boss birthday?!" He said playfully
Yn let out smile

"so, did you find a suitable candidate to be your personal assistant??" Asked Mr. Choi

"I can't find an eligible candidate. you shouldn't have worked so well that it's hard for me to find someone who is good at work even tho they can't be as good as you" said yn pulling a chair for him to sit.

"No one is perfect as soon as they starts yn. You should teach them. You didn't become a perfect CEO as soon as you started" he said sitting on the chair while drinking the water she handed him while nodding

"How's your present assistant?? I heard he passed out from hankuk University" said mr. Choi

"Not bad for now. As I need someone to take care of my schedule. he is enough for now." Yn answered

To be continued

Somi❣️

___________________________________

So, this is my new book "my hope" it's still 1st chapter so be patient. I'll try to make it interesting and worth your time
And if you like it don't forget to vote!!

Next episode is going to be Jungkook's introduction so stay tuned!!

This one of my fav pics of tannies💜