twenty-one

"Mr. Aurel?"
"Yes?"
"Did you make up with your girlfriend?"
"Yeah, we haven't seen her around in a while,"
"You've been pretty scary lately so I hope you did," He sighed and put down the book that he had been reading.
"You lot are unbelievable." Grinning, they all perked up, eager to hear anything else he had to say.
In spite of everything that had happened, they had been good sports through his series of random tests and pop quizzes. Perhaps he could spoil them, this once.
"We did patch things over."
"WAIT! So she IS your girlfriend?!" Smiling, he pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.
"She is." Hollers of elation, surprise and disbelief erupted in the classroom and if he wasn't trying to remain professional, he'd have started laughing. Obnoxiously.
"I KNEW IT!"
"Aw man, that means he's officially off the market."
"They're both hot so I support them."
"Alright, that's enough. Back to the lesson, please." With a tiny little smile, he leaned back against his desk and resumed reading.

***

She had just went to lunch when her phone signaled an incoming FaceTime call. Reaching for it, she quickly answered. A welcomed face popped up on the screen.
"Hey stranger,"
"Hi love," Butterflies on 1000, she lifted her water bottle to take a drink.
"How's your day going?"
"Good so far,"
"Glad to hear it." Cheeks nearing crimson, she opened her container of lemon chicken and some salad.
"Something on your mind?" He could have chuckled watching her blush and found it so terribly endearing.
"No...yes but no. I... I've really not been myself lately," Feeling his lips form a smirk, he watched as she ate on the oblong phone screen. Frankly, he hadn't been able to remove it from his mind either. Just a few days ago, it was still oh so fresh. The night she had finally admitted by mouth what her heart had long since revealed to him. He could still feel the heat and sweat on her curvy little body as he'd held her close, there amidst the flashing lights, smoke and EDM.

He had been pleasantly surprised when he watched her reach down and under her skirt and pull her underwear down those smooth brown legs of hers. He hadn't been able to move, so stunned by the daring display that he stood mum of tongue and cheek as she reached down to pick them up from the floor. Pressing them against his palm, she kissed him and bid him goodnight, having the audacity then to walk away from him and leave.
"We have our days, love." And nights. Long insufferable nights.

He almost let loose that he indeed had her little parting gift this very moment, tucked in fact into his pocket like a good luck charm. He carried them with him proudly and when the time called for it, he withdrew into the bathroom and lifted them to his nose. Soft and lush, just like her lips, he nibbled on the crotch, where her scent and his saliva had mixed. Oh, it drove him absolutely rapid. The meaning of her action sent a pleasurable shiver across his body. It read very loud and very clear. I'm yours. When he'd leave the stall, the excitement from it all released in a wad of tissue flushed down the toilet, the hunger within grew that much more severe. Chewing now on her salad, she leaned down against her arm and hand.
"You're not gonna eat?"
"I will, later."
"Oh."
"I'd much rather watch you eat."
"Don't be a creep." Eyes her favorite color, they sparkled with tease and mischief. Rolling her eyes at him, she drank some more water and watched him now look up as if someone had spoken to him.
"Oh dear,"
"What?" For the first time since the beginning of the conversation, his entire face now grew rosy and she almost choked on a piece of chicken at how pretty it was.
"We have company." Pausing her chewing, she felt her stomach drop as she was faded with a classroom nearly full of grinning students.
"Heyyyy Mr. Aurel's girlfrienddddd."
"Ms. Laurier right?"
"Heyyyy hehehehehe." Waving, skinning, grinning and horrified silence now all occurred at the same time and she was promptly flipped back to him.
"I underestimated the time..."
"Uh okay c-call me when you get off..."
"Will do."
"Bye."
"Till then, sweetheart."
"BYEEEEEEE." The giggling and hooping and hollering of his students only lasted a minute more before they were disconnected. Heart beating fast, she took a deep breath and tried to finish her lunch in time.