enter the demigod- jinx di angelo

Start from the beginning

What is this puny sword? Tartarus struggled to take it out, watching the golden fluids spill from his physical body. He was starting to become just as confused as Jinx was earlier. What is this? Who are you?

Jinx was offended one of her siblings didn't recognize her.

"It's a gift. From my...papa." She shuddered. "Khaos says hello."

Khaos's darkness began to spread around Tartarus' chest. He swatted at it, cursing Khaos.

Why would Khaos dare give you something? You are not leaving here alive.

"I'm Khaos' favorite," Jinx shouted. She looked over to Percy, giving him a quick side hug. She was scared by his silence. No funny quips, no sarcastic remarks. Nothing. Tartarus had truly broken the couple.

"How long is that going to last?" Annabeth searched for an opening.

"I don't know. I didn't know it would do that."

"You just threw it?" Annabeth's eyebrows jumped.

Jinx nodded. She wiped the sweat from her brow, "I can buy us some time. Give me a sec." Jinx sat down, criss-crossed apple sauce. She closed her eyes in concentration. There was a time and place to learn new tricks and tips, but Jinx hadn't had any time.

She was in constant battles.

All Jinx knew was when she needed it, a clock tower would appear behind her. It always looked ominous, but it did its job. It helped her control her time abilities.

As she went to work, summoning the clock, Bob the Titan bounced back angrier than ever at Tartarus.

The collar of his coveralls bulged. A kitten leaped out. The kitten landed on the ground in front of his master, then arched his back and hissed at the lord of the abyss.

The kitten began to grow, his form flickering until the little kitten had become a full-sized, translucent skeletal saber-toothed tiger.

"Also," Bob announced, "I have a good cat."

The distant ding of a clock began to sound throughout the pit. It became louder and louder until the hologram appeared behind her.

Jinx smiled and opened her eyes, quickly getting up. She turned to Annabeth to tell her that this could definitely buy them some time when she made eye contact with a tiger.

She jumped back, "What the hell did I miss?"

"That's Small Bob." Annabeth pointed to the saber-toothed tiger.

No-Longer-Small Bob sprang at Tartarus, sinking his claws into Tartarus's thigh. The tiger scrambled up his leg, straight under the god's chain-link skirt. Tartarus stomped and howled, apparently no longer enamored with having a physical form. Meanwhile, Bob thrust his spear into the god's side, right below his breastplate.

Tartarus roared. He swatted at Bob, but the Titan backed out of reach. Bob thrust out his fingers. His spear yanked itself free of the god's flesh and flew back to Bob's hand, which made Annabeth gulp in amazement. She'd never imagined a broom could have so many useful features. Small Bob dropped out of Tartarus's skirt. He ran to his master's side, his saber-toothed fangs dripping with golden ichor.

You will die first, Iapetus, Tartarus decided. Afterward, I will add your soul to my armor, where it will slowly dissolve, over and over, in eternal agony.

Tartarus pounded his fist against his breastplate. Milky faces swirled in the metal, silently screaming to get out.

Bob turned toward Percy and Annabeth. The Titan grinned, "Take the Doors," Bob looked at all three of them with intensity. "I will deal with Tartarus."

"No. Nono. I can help." Jinx stepped forward, "Let me help you."

"Tiny human, you are a friend?"

Jinx nodded. "Friend. Please, let me help."

Tartarus threw back his head and bellowed—creating a vacuum so strong that the nearest flying demons were pulled into his vortex face and shredded.

Deal with me? the god mocked. You are only a Titan, a lesser child of Gaea! I will make you suffer for your arrogance. And as for your tiny mortal friends...

Tartarus swept his hand toward the monster army, beckoning them forward. DESTROY THEM!

DESTROY THEM.

Annabeth had heard those words often enough that they shocked her out of her paralysis. She raised her sword and yelled, "Percy!"

He snatched up Riptide.

Annabeth grabbed Jinx's wrist, pulling her away.

Annabeth dove for the chains holding the Doors of Death. Her drakon-bone blade cut through the left-side moorings in a single swipe. Meanwhile, Percy drove back the first wave of monsters. He stabbed an arai and yelped, "Gah! Stupid curses!" Then he scythed down a half dozen telkhines. Annabeth lunged behind him and sliced through the chains on the other side.

Jinx snapped out of it, picking up a fallen sword and slashing her way through monsters. The clock echoed behind her. Jinx focused and put a good amount of different monsters into a time bubble, spearing through each one of them.

The Doors shuddered, then opened with a pleasant Ding!

Bob and his saber-toothed sidekick continued to weave around Tartarus's legs, attacking, and dodging to stay out of his clutches. They didn't seem to be doing much damage, but Tartarus lurched around, obviously not used to fighting in a humanoid body. He swiped and missed, swiped and missed.

More monsters surged toward the Doors. A spear flew past Annabeth's head. She turned and stabbed an empousa through the gut, then dove for the Doors as they started to close, Jinx right behind her.

She kept them open with her foot as she fought. At least with her back to the elevator car, she didn't have to worry about attacks from behind.

"Keep the door open, I'll cover." Jinx put out time bubbles left and right, demolishing the ones who entered. She didn't make them that big since they were at the Doors already, but the bubbles were getting smaller and smaller.

"Percy, get over here!" Annabeth yelled.

He joined her in the doorway, his face dripping with sweat, and blood from several cuts.

"You okay?" she asked.

He nodded. "Got some kind of pain curse from that arai." He hacked a gryphon out of the air. "Hurts, but it won't kill me. Get in the elevator. I'll hold the button."

"Yeah, right!" She smacked a carnivorous horse in the snout with the butt of her sword and sent the monster stampeding through the crowd. "You promised, Seaweed Brain. We would not get separated! Ever again!"

"I'll do it!" Jinx shoved them inside. "I'll do it."

"Jinx, no." They started to protest.

"Shut up!" She shouted, "I'm not dying or anything."

They looked at her unconvinced, but they all knew she didn't have time to do any convincing.

"Plus, we all know I'm technically the strongest one here." She tried to do it anyway, "Don't worry, see you guys up there!"

Jinx gave them a tight smile as the panels slowly began to shut.

"I'm not dying here," Jinx whispered, pressing the button with one hand and slowing down her enemies with the other.