Epilogue

"I can't believe we've already gotten through a year of college." Sienna announced, taking a sip of water from her water bottle.

"I know the fact that we haven't killed each other yet is pretty impressive, Arkansas" Paige responded, grabbing the bottle and taking a sip.

"What's more impressive is that I've managed to restrain myself from putting more itching powder in your tampons." Sienna replied, an evil grin formed on her face.

"Ha ha ha," Paige responded sarcastically, "Let's never talk about that again." Paige said, playfully shoving a box labeled "shoes" into Sienna's arms.

Paige and Sienna had decided they were going to take the plunge and move into their own place. It had been nine months since they had made it official back in Arkansas and things were great.

"I can't believe we're saying goodbye to our Crystal River dorm room." Paige said, a slight frown became evident on her face.

"I know! But we're on to greener pastures now. No more RA's, no more community showers, and most importantly no more sharing a twin bed." Sienna replied, winking at Paige.

As the girls loaded the final box in the moving truck they felt hopeful of what the future had to offer.

"What is it they say about lesbians and U-hauls?" Sienna asked, playfully.

The small house Paige and Sienna had managed to snag just ten minutes from school was perfect for the girls. Sienna had even managed to get the landlord to lower the rent by offering to do the yardwork themselves. The tiny cottage on a quiet street sat close enough to the ocean where they could get a nice cross breeze when they sat on their porch.

Paige had finally networked enough to get her photography side hustle off the ground. For once the reputation that followed her revolved around her actual talent and not whose heart she had broken. Although juggling a job, college, and a girlfriend wasn't easy, it was nice to depend on herself. With Sienna's help Paige and her parents had managed to mend their relationship as much as they could and although they had offered numerous times to help her financially, Paige had been determined to do it on her own.

"Are you working a wedding this weekend?" Sienna asked, as she dragged her watercolor brush across a paper.

"Yep, you know weekends are crazy." Paige responded, looking down on her phone. She turned it upside down and laid it on the side table. She kissed Sienna on the cheek. "Things will cool down soon, I promise." She said, grabbing her phone again and taking it with her to the bathroom.

Sienna couldn't help but wonder what was going on with Paige lately. When she wasn't in class she was working and she wasn't working she was sneaking around. She didn't want to confront Paige and make it seem like she didn't trust her but something was definitely going on.

Sienna continued working on her art and waited for Paige to exit the bathroom.

"Hey, are we ok?" She asked, trying to find Paige's eyes for a glimmer of an answer.

"What? What do you mean, are we ok?" Paige asked nervously as she shoved her cellphone in her back pocket.

"I don't know, babe. You're super aloof lately, you're taking your phone into the bathroom, you're always busy. You're not planning on leaving me are you? Cause both of our names are on this lease and I will ruin your credit." Sienna replied playfully, hoping her joke would provide some relief from the tension the subject had created.

"1. We are fine. I'm just coordinating jobs. 2. Good luck ruining my credit, do you know how many credit card applications I filled out my first week of college? I'm going to have to fake my death soon just to avoid creditors." Paige answered, her mouth smart as usual.