Chapter 14

"Hot Springs, AR. It's been real." Paige said, throwing a peace sign at the cabin as they began to drive off in Sienna's Corvette.

Sienna looked over at Paige and couldn't help but shake her head. She couldn't believe she and Paige had come this far.

"So, what's Andrew going to say when you break up with him?" Paige asked, a big smile spread across her face as she slowly let her hand rest on Sienna's thigh.

"Who said I was breaking up with Andrew? You're cute but you're not that cute." Sienna responded playfully.

"Oh! It's like that huh? That's not what you said last night" Paige replied, putting her feet up on the dashboard.

Sienna's avoidance of Paige's question was deliberate. She felt really confused about what happened the night prior and whether this was something she was willing to pursue. She knew she liked Paige, she knew she could possibly love Paige but was she willing to flip her world upside down for a relationship with a woman?

When Paige and Sienna arrived back home, it was difficult for Paige to pretend they were just friends when all she wanted to do was reach over for Sienna's hand. As soon as they went into Sienna's bedroom to put their things away, Paige grabbed Sienna and pinned her against the wall. She began to kiss her when she felt Sienna begin to pull away.

"What's wrong?" Paige asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing, we're at my parents house. It's weird." Sienna replied, freeing herself from Paige and walking toward the door.

"Weird?" Paige scoffed, she had sensed a shift in Sienna since they left Hot Springs but this was a little strange considering that the last few days in the cabin had been spent in bed together. Why was it strange that she was trying to kiss her? Paige knew how she reacted to rejection and because she liked Sienna so much she was trying hard not to let that side of her win but Sienna had also made her feel stupid.

Sienna sensed the tension between her and Paige. She hadn't had a chance to really think about what her approach was going to be and she really wanted to return Paige's affections but she felt herself getting more and more confused by the minute. "Not weird, you know what I mean. Like what if my parents come in?" Sienna whispered, while suspiciously looking back toward the door.

"No, you're right. I get it." Paige responded, she shrugged and exited the bedroom with her head held high.

Sienna knew that Paige was upset but she didn't have much of an opportunity to think about what was going on because she felt her phone vibrate. It was a text message from Andrew.

Babe, can't make it to lunch with you this afternoon. Something came up but I'll see you later tonight.

Sienna couldn't believe Andrew was a no show but she felt a little relieved. She was already wondering how she was going to juggle Andrew and Paige. She quickly shot Andrew a text back.

Yeah, that's fine. Text me before you get here, don't just show up.

When Sienna went back to the living room she found Paige and her younger sister hanging out in the living room. Based on the bag that was on the couch she knew her other sister Natasha was there as well. She found it crazy that both her sisters had completely bypassed saying hello to her but were hanging out with Paige.

"Damn, y'all just get home and don't even say hi?" Sienna exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips.

Secretly, Sienna loved seeing how well Paige got along with her family. She had found her place in just a few days and although her family along with Andrew, it seemed more genuine with Paige than with him.

Paige shot Sienna a proud look. It made Sienna want to go back to those days at the cabin with her. The days where the rest of the world melted away and they were free to be themselves.

---

"Babe, you look hot as hell." Andrew said, walking around Sienna. He was like a cartoon wolf, all that needed to happen was for his eyes to pop out and for his tongue to come down like a tie.

Sienna was wearing a little black dress right above her knees, heels, and she had managed to style her hair in the most perfect beach waves. She was channeling her inner Audrey Hepburn and she felt great.

Andrew leaned in and kissed Sienna. His hands were starting to slip down her lower back when Sienna's dad walked into the living room. Her dad cleared his throat to make his presence known while Andrew's hands fell right back into place.

Sienna and Andrew were about to go out on their first date in a while. The last time they had spent alone time together was when Andrew went to visit her at Crystal River. Tonight, Andrew had made reservations at a new french restaurant downtown. Sienna was pretty surprised that he had somehow managed to expand his horizons during their time away from each other.

"I'll wait for you in the car, yeah? I have to call my dad really quickly." Andrew said, nervously looking down on his phone.

Paige, who had been in the kitchen with Sienna's mom, popped out and gave Sienna a look. She motioned for her to meet her in the bedroom.

"You're going out on a date with him? Seriously? So, the cabin and all the time we spent together meant nothing. Got it." Paige said, her voice sounded pained.

"What do you want me to do, Paige? He's my boyfriend! I can't just drop him because we had...whatever we had." Sienna replied, knowing her words would push Paige away.

"Wow. whatever we had, huh? Yeah, you know what you're right whatever we had is definitely not worth pursuing. You've made that clear. Have fun with your boyfriend." Paige responded, feeling heartbroken.

"Paige. I have a life here, there are certain things that are expected of me. I can't...look, I enjoyed our time together, trust me. We had fun but at the end of the day it was an impulsive decision and it happened but now it's over." Sienna replied.

Paige shook her head and looked at Sienna disappointed. "You made an impulsive decision, I didn't, but If that's how you feel then I don't even know what I'm doing here." Paige grabbed her phone and quickly opened a rideshare app. She was done with this whole situation, if Sienna was going to choose Andrew over her she wasn't going to beg.

As she waited in the driveway for her ride, she overheard Andrew on the phone. Although she could not fully make out what he was saying, it sounded like he was apologizing to somebody. She moved a few feet closer to his car making sure to maintain herself hidden between a hedge and him and then, she made out the words she wished she had never heard.

"Baby, if I didn't have to work tonight you know I'd be there with you. You think I'd pass up on you? I can't even keep my hands to myself when we're together. I'll be at your apartment sometime around midnight."

Paige practically dropped her phone. She walked further down the sidewalk to wait on her ride, she did not want him to know she had been around to overhear that he was cheating on Sienna. She wasn't sure what she was going to do with this piece of information but she knew it wasn't good information.

Everything made sense now, Andrew had indeed been cheating and Paige had to decide if she was going to move on with her life and not get involved, or give Sienna a heads up.