Chapter 7

It took a second for Sienna's brain to catch up to what her body had just instinctually done. Her head began to spin, partially due to the amount of alcohol she had consumed but mostly as her body's response to kissing Paige. Right before Paige released Sienna from their kiss, she sucked on her bottom lip and for a second she felt like she was a piece of steel while Paige was a magnet pulling her in. She had never been kissed that way.

Instant regret came over her and she took a step back. She looked at Paige who looked just as flustered as she was. As confident as Paige appeared, that confidence seemed gone the second Sienna stepped back.

"Shit. I'm sorry, Paige." Sienna said, her cheeks flushed and her voice slurred.

"Come on, Arkansas, what are you apologizing for? It's not college if you don't kiss at least one girl." Paige replied, shrugging and immediately snapping back to her normal self.

Sienna gave Paige a half smile, she could still feel Paige's lips on hers. Sienna concentrated on maintaining her balance but couldn't help but stumble as they walked back in the direction of their dorms.

"I got you," Paige said, grabbing her hand in order to help her keep her balance. The warmth of Paige's hand felt good, and their fingers interlocking felt like a puzzle coming together, like nothing Sienna had ever felt with anyone.

---

The following morning Sienna woke up in her bed. She turned to her side and looked around the room. The curtains were drawn, which made it impossible to know what time it was. She reached for her phone but it wasn't on the nightstand.

"Good Morning Sunshine," She heard a familiar voice say.

Sienna laid in bed with her eyes closed, she heard Paige walking around the room, opening her mini fridge and then the rattle of a pill bottle.

"Here," She heard Paige say, who was holding out a bottle of water and two aspirin in her hand.

Sienna sat up, picked up her auburn hair in a messy bun and took what Paige offered. She laid back down the second the room began to spin but not before she noticed she was in her pajamas.

"I don't remember getting into these" She said, scrunching her face, unable to remember anything from the night before.

"You don't remember? Let me tell you, you're a lot of fun when you're drunk" Paige replied, unable to hide the grin that spread across her face. She took a seat in her bed, as if the conversation about to occur was gossip being shared by two friends at a sleepover.

Sienna looked at Paige, confused. Her blonde hair was up in a pony tail and she looked fresh as a daisy. Tiny flashbacks of the previous night began to come back to Sienna but none answered any of the more pressing questions.

"Ok...what am I not remembering. Did I do anything at the party that will keep me from showing my face on campus again?" Sienna asked, raising an eyebrow and studying Paige's face hoping for an answer by just reading her face.

"Well, when we got to the dorm room you decided to channel your inner gymnast, which is not very smart when you've been drinking all night. After some floor exercises and some cartwheels, your stomach betrayed you." She said, looking at Sienna who looked absolutely mortified.

"I puked?!" Sienna asked, sounding like she wanted the ground to swallow her whole.

"Yeah, but if it's any consolation you did it like a total champ." Paige replied, shrugging and biting her lip. "Like, 10's, 10's, 10's across the board" Paige continued, knowing that Sienna would never get the reference she had just made.

"I just remember getting there, running into you, and playing flip cup. After that, it's all a blur, I can't believe I got drunk so quickly. You must think I'm such a lightweight." Sienna said, looking down on the Trace Atkins t-shirt she had stolen from her dad right before leaving home for college. She tried to look at the bright side, at least she got the shirt on the right way. It was a tiny win but a win nonetheless. "Can I trust that you were a total gentleman and at least looked away while I drunkenly dressed myself?" Sienna asked, trying to lighten the mood.