Chapter 10

The remainder of the drive to Arkansas was just as smooth as the first part. The girls enjoyed each other's company, they took turns driving and eventually made it to the small town where Sienna had grown up. Sienna could see that Paige was slightly apprehensive about going in to meet her family.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. I promise, my family isn't judgemental, they are very welcoming." Sienna said, resting her hand on Paige's.

It was that simple gesture that Paige needed in order to get out of the car and do what scared her. It had been a long time since Paige had met anyone's parents and the idea of it made her sick to her stomach. Paige took a deep breath and stepped out of the corvette, she stood in front of the one story home, the screened in porch was inviting and so was the swing that seemed perfect for napping on, on lazy summer days.

Sienna noticed Paige's hesitation ease up and she led her through the small walkway that she had walked on a million times before. Before Sienna could pull out her key to open the door, she was greeted by both of her parents.

"Sweetheart! You made it, your dad and I raced to the door the second we heard your car pull up! We're so excited to have you home." Sienna's mom said, practically screeching with excitement. She pulled Sienna in for a hug and held her in her arms. When she realized Paige was standing behind her daughter, she practically pushed Sienna aside to greet Paige. "I recognize you! Come here." She said, hugging Paige tightly.

Paige's arms hung from her sides, limp, while Sienna's mom hugged her tightly as if she had known her her entire life. As if she was part of the family. Paige slowly lifted her arms and wrapped them around Sienna's mom, forgetting that this was a stranger. She looked at Sienna who had her arms wrapped around her dad. Paige couldn't help but smile at how sweet and how predictable the moment was. It was exactly what she imagined Sienna's life was like, she just never imagined that she'd be a part of it.

"Paige! It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for keeping my girl company on the long drive from Florida. Her mom and I offered to fly her here but she wanted to experience the open road." Her dad said. "Come in, ladies. No sense in spending all afternoon out here in the cold."

Sienna's parents excitedly ushered the two girls into the home. Paige looked around the house where Sienna had grown up. A gallery wall full of family pictures adorned the walls, a comfortable leather couch sat in the middle of the room and Paige felt a warmth in the house that didn't come from the heat being on. Paige's eyes were drawn to the mantle above the fireplace. Attached to small hooks were stockings with all of the family names on them and that's when Paige noticed that there was a stocking with her name as well.

"Mom gets really into the holiday spirit. She knitted your name on to that last night when I told her we were on our way. What do you think?" Sienna asked.

"It's...I can't believe she went through the trouble." Paige replied, walking up to the stocking and analyzing the detail. "What a super nice gesture, I have to thank her." Paige said, unable to hide the smile on her face.

After the grand tour of the Phoenix household, the girls grabbed a few blankets and made their way outside to the porch swing. Paige took a seat on the swing and wrapped her arms around her thighs, while Sienna sat across from her.

"So, when do I meet your sisters?" Paige asked, giving Sienna a toothy grin.

"Hey, cool it! Their off limits, Lothario." Sienna responded, laughing a little. She gave Paige's knee a little push.

"Ouch!" Paige, exclaimed while laughing. "You don't have to get abusive, Arkansas, you know I only have eyes for you." Paige replied, winking at Sienna.

"Do you ever stop?" Sienna asked, giving Paige a flirty smile.

"Of course not. Can you imagine how boring your life would be if I ever did?" Paige replied, without taking her eyes off Sienna. "Come here," Paige said, motioning for Sienna to come closer.