Chapter 16

Paige had spent the last two hours at Windsong, the local coffee shop suggested by her rideshare driver. She had been trying to figure out whether she should tell Sienna about Andrew. She had also considered another option. Leaving. Paige sipped on her oat milk latte and curled herself up on one of the comfortable couches in the shop. She received a text message from Sienna which made her heart skip a beat. She hated that she was so weak to her, that she automatically stopped being upset the second she heard from her. Sienna's text gave Paige hope but she wasn't about to respond immediately, she would make her sweat it out a little.

When the coffee store was approaching its closing time, Paige decided she would text Sienna back.

Hi. Yeah, I'm fine. I've been killing a little time at Windsong and thinking things through. I'm willing to talk tonight since there's also something I want to share with you.

Paige took a deep breath and hoped that her decision to tell Sienna about what she overheard was the right decision. She just didn't understand why giving Sienna these news seemed so difficult. Maybe because she didn't want her to suffer any disappointment or break her heart. She knew her feelings for Sienna were intense when she realized she was thinking about Sienna first rather than herself. Paige felt so love sick that she didn't even notice the cute barista who had been eyeing her all night. Had this been any other time she would have pounced on that girl in no time.

---

When Paige arrived at the Phoenix household she noticed the entire family was there. She looked around and saw Andrew and Sienna sitting on the couch. His well developed arm wrapped around her. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight. Sienna looked uncomfortable and looked away from Paige.

"Paige, where did you go?" Sienna's sister asked. "We were hoping you'd be here for the surprise" She asked excitedly.

"What surprise" Paige asked, her eyebrow raised and curiosity peaked.

Sienna managed to quickly dislodge herself from Andrew's arm and stood next to her sister, interrupting her response.

"It wasn't really a surprise, they just like to have little random family get togethers." Sienna said, knowing that Paige could probably notice she was lying from a mile away.

Sienna's sister shot her a confused look but picked up on the fact that Sienna didn't want Paige to know what was going on. She excused herself and sat back down with the rest of the family as they shared a charcuterie plate and enjoyed the night.

"Hey, let's go to my room. We need to talk." Sienna said, grabbing Paige's arm. Andrew called out for Sienna just as they began walking away. "Shit," Sienna mumbled. "Meet me in the room, please?" She said, giving Paige pleading eyes.

"Hey, what's that girl's deal? She doesn't even say hi to me when she walks in." Andrew said, sounding annoyed.

"Andrew, relax. Not everyone is going to be your little groupie. She marches to the beat of her own drum and doesn't do things she doesn't want to do. I find it kind of admirable, I bet it's freeing to not care what others think" Sienna replied, wishing she could be more like Paige.

Andrew studied Sienna's face. He looked over in Paige's direction who was about to enter Sienna's room.

"You sure she doesn't have a crush on you or something? Didn't you say she was into chicks?" He asked, a smile beginning to form on his face. "Hey, I'd be down to watch that..." He wiggled his eyebrows and licked his lips.

"Ugh. You're literally the worst. No, she doesn't have a crush on me. Trust me, Paige can have whatever girl she wants, you're safe." Sienna replied, wanting to get to the bedroom as soon as possible.

The sound of glass breaking startled Sienna. She looked over to the kitchen where her mom had dropped a bunch of champagne glasses. "Seriously?" She thought to herself. She went to the garage to grab a broom in order to help her mom.

Paige was in Sienna's room when she felt someone come in. She was distracted on her phone but quickly realized that Sienna wasn't who had walked in but instead it was Andrew.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked, walking around before taking a seat in Sienna's computer chair.

"Fine." Paige responded, being as short as possible. This guy was the last person she wanted to talk to.

"Fine, huh? You don't like me very much, do you?" He asked, eyeing Paige up and down. It was almost as if he was getting a kick out of what was going on.

"Nope." Paige replied, putting her phone down and looking Andrew directly in the eye. She knew he was trying to intimidate her.

"And why's that?" He responded, rolling the chair closer to Paige. A grin started to form on his face.

Paige scoffed. "You act like such a good, wholesome guy, but I've seen right through your act from day one. She's too good for you." Paige replied matter-of-factly.

"Oh she's too good for me? And who would you suggest is right for her? You?" Andrew asked, standing up from the chair. Almost as if he was trying to intimidate Paige. "You know...I don't understand lesbians, why do you want to be with someone with the same equipment? I bet all you need is a good dick in your life and you'd jump off that bandwagon real quick. My girl, she ain't into you so back off. Me on the other hand, I can certainly offer to help with your little issue." He said, running the back of his hand down Paige's cheek.

"Wow! Original, Andrew. Like it's the first time in my life a straight guy suggests I find a man and get over being a lesbian. Get the fuck out of my face." Paige replied, pushing Andrew away.

Andrew laughed as Paige walked angrily toward the door. "Baby, I've got everyone in that room wrapped around my finger. I have for years, her dad practically begged me to propose to her tonight. You think anybody is going to believe some nasty little lesbian over me?"

Paige stopped dead in her tracks when the news of the engagement was dropped on her. It hit her like a ton of bricks. She was unable to hide the pain in her face and she knew Andrew read right through it.

"Oh. You didn't...you didn't know?" He asked mockingly, he pouted and gave her puppy eyes. "Yeah, we're getting married but we ain't married yet, I can certainly have one last hoorah. Let me show you what you've been missing out on..."

"Fuck. You." Paige replied, storming out of the room and slamming the door. She walked past the family and out the door. She sat on the porch, on the same porch swing she sat on with Sienna their first day there. As tears began to stream down her face, she couldn't believe Sienna hadn't had the balls to tell her about getting engaged. She couldn't believe Sienna was going to marry that scumbag.