Chapter 23

The whole Phoenix family gathered in the kitchen to discuss the events that had just occurred. Nobody had ever experienced that side of Andrew before and the emotions ranged from angry to confused. Both of Sienna's sisters sat next to Sienna in the kitchen island helping her scrub her social media of anything that involved Andrew.

Sienna looked around for the one person who was missing. Paige. She excused herself and made her way toward the living room where Paige was sitting. Sienna sat on the opposite end of the couch, she felt so embarrassed and upset about the things Andrew had said to Paige. She was more upset about Paige then the end of her relationship.

"Paige, I'm super sorry. He was way out of line." Sienna said as she fought the urge to run away and hide.

"Please, I've heard worse. That's amature hour, that guy is such an idiot. I don't know what you see in him." She responded, shaking her head.

"Saw," Sienna corrected. "What I saw in him. I no longer plan to see any aspect of him. Ever." Sienna replied confidently.

"I guess we will see about that..." Paige responded, looking through her phone.

Sienna was confused. Why was Paige being so dry and nonchalant about the situation? Why was she not interested in her apology? Sienna knew their were still a lot of steps that needed to be taken in order to repair whatever was going on between them but she figured extending this olive branch would be the beginning of something.

"Look, if you're looking for me to say that you were right or for me to say I'm sorry for not believing you, I truly am sorry. I should have listened to you when you told me all about Andrew." Sienna said, searching and hoping that this is what would get Paige to open up.

"Sienna," Paige replied, putting her phone down. "The apology I want to hear doesn't revolve around me being right. It's an apology for doubting me as a person, my character, for pretty much calling me a liar. For thinking that I'd stoop as low as to make up a story in order to manipulate you into being with me. You completely disregarded that fact that he treated me like garbage and it took you seeing it in person to believe it. I don't know, Sienna. There's a lot to process."

"Paige, I was wrong. I guess believing Andrew over you was the easier choice. It's that side of me that I'm trying very hard to change. I don't expect you to forgive me but I hope you give me the chance..." Sienna responded, moving closer to Paige on the couch and putting her hand on Paige's knee. "To at least prove myself to you. This is all new to me, these are uncharted waters but there is nobody I want to help me and guide me through them other than you." Sienna said, practically holding her breath while waiting on a response.

"I guess we will see what happens." Paige replied, holding back a tiny smile. She took hold of Sienna's hand and singled out her ring finger. "So, what are you going to do with this?" She said, looking down on the diamond engagement ring.

"Ew. This tacky thing? I don't know but I wish I had thought of chucking at him when he was here." Sienna responded, a slight mischievous chuckle escaped her lips.

"I mean...you can still chuck it at him. I'd totally be up for that." Paige replied, an evil smile crept on her face.

"Let's see what happens..." Sienna responded, smiling back at Paige. "So, I was thinking...and you can tell me if I'm moving too quickly but would you...maybe kind of...be interested in going out on a formal date on Saturday?" Sienna asked, shyly. She knew the question was forward and she knew it was soon but she wanted to start fresh with Paige and she wanted to do it as quickly as possible.

"Oh, Ms. Sienna, are you asking me out on an official date? Like....what should I expect? Dinner, a movie, bungee jumping, a marriage proposal?" Paige asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. She tilted her head to the side and smiled taking in the beauty of what was the woman sitting in front of her. No matter how much she wanted to control herself, to have the power to stick to what she said she was going to do, she knew she couldn't do that with Sienna. Sienna was her kryptonite.