Chapter 11

Sienna was shocked to see Andrew standing by her bedroom door. She hadn't texted him to let him know she had arrived and she figured she had a little more time to get settled before he got there. She was aggravated by his presence but she had to play it off. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Paige walking away which only made her more aggravated by his unannounced arrival.

"Hiiii!" Sienna said, hoping that extending the greeting would somehow buy her mind more time to catch up to him being in front of her. "I wasn't expecting you, yet. Weren't you working this today?" Sienna asked, holding back the urge to drop the stupid conversation and chase after Paige.

Andrew planted a kiss on Sienna which made her even more uncomfortable. She then pressed her lips and gave him as much of a closed lipped smile as she could muster. He reached over and wrapped his arms around her, the side of Sienna's face fell right against his chest. At six foot three inches Andrew towered over Sienna, a combination of crossfit and endless hours of baseball had given Andrew an attractive, muscular build that Sienna was always reminded of whenever he put his arms around her.

"No, I traded shifts with Bryce. There was no way I was going to miss spending a second with you. So, I put your mom on text duty and had her let me know when you arrived." He replied, practically bouncing off the walls, full of excitement. "I missed you, babe!" He said, his straight pearly white teeth and pretty boy smile made Sienna roll her eyes. Not because those weren't great features but he was just laying it all on too thick. Sienna already needed a break and she had only interacted with him for less than two minutes.

"Yeah, I missed you too." Sienna responded, unenthusiastically.

"I didn't know you were bringing your roommate, you haven't even mentioned her. I thought maybe she had switched dorms or something. I guess it's safe to assume you guys are getting along." Andrew replied, removing his baseball cap and putting it on Sienna. She looks great in cheap sunglasses, she looks great in anything he sang, in his best Brad Paisley voice while staring at Sienna adoringly.

"Yeah, she didn't have anywhere to go for the holidays," Sienna responded, removing the cap and shoving it against Andrew's chest gently while giving him a sweet smile.

"Aw come on! You love wearing my caps, you look so good in them plus I sang to you" He responded, giving Sienna a boyish pout. "Where's that best friend of yours?" Andrew asked, referring to Sienna's best friend Becca.

"We have really sucky timing. She went to visit her grandparents for the holidays." Sienna replied, a small frown coming across her face.

"That sucks." Andrew responded, his disappointment was clearly fake. Andrew had never cared for Sienna's friends.

Sienna made an effort to ignore Andrew's comment. It had only been a few minutes and she was already over him being there. It wasn't that Sienna wasn't happy to see Andrew, it's just that his timing was awful and he had a tendency to be slightly obnoxious when he felt uneasy. They walked down the hallway toward the kitchen where Sienna's mom worked on dinner. The aroma of a home cooked meal was something Sienna missed more than anything. Sienna took a seat in the breakfast nook and watched as Andrew opened a pot just to have his hand slapped out of the way by her mom. "No, keep your hands to yourself" Sienna's mom said, pushing Andrew out of the way. Sienna and Andrew had been together well over five years and Andrew had pretty much become part of the family, scenarios like that were common whenever he went over to the house.

"Rules are rules, I guess." Andrew said, hanging his head and giving an exaggerated sigh while taking a seat next to Sienna in the nook. He put his arm around her and began talking to Sienna's mom.

Although Sienna never had an issue with her parents' open concept home, where you could see the living room from way across in the kitchen, today it wasn't working in her favor. She could see Paige, sitting on the couch enthralled in conversation with her dad. Sienna wanted to desperately leave the kitchen but she knew if she left Andrew alone, he'd just follow her and she wasn't in the mood to mix her boyfriend and the girl she had just passionately made out with.

When the doorbell rang, Sienna removed his arm off of her and jumped up to get the door. It was the perfect opportunity to take her out of the uncomfortable situation.

Sienna's sister Natasha arrived and she was greeted as if it had been years since her parents had seen her.

"Guys, she lives less than a mile away. You run into her at the grocery store at least twice a week, she jogs by the house every morning!" Sienna said, jokingly.

Andrew hugged Natasha and they quickly began to take playful jabs at each other, proving to Paige that she was the only outsider there.

Paige realized she had two options. Pout and allow herself to fall into an antisocial rutt which would make the next two weeks awful or make the best of her time there. Of course, with as minimal interaction with the golden retriever as possible. She stood up and stood next to Sienna in order to prompt an introduction. Within minutes Paige was fully immersed in conversation with Natasha. If there was one thing she was good at, it was talking to women.

--

After what seemed like an eternity, Andrew announced that he had to get going since he had an early shift in the morning. Sienna walked Andrew to his car, they stood in front of it for a minute without saying a word. Sienna could tell he was working something out in his mind and she was prepared to be confronted by him.

Andrew looked at her with loving eyes, grabbed her face, and kissed her forehead. "I love you," He said, a hint of sadness lingered in his words.

Could Andrew sense that Sienna was unhappy? He was known for being unable to pick up hints but was her unhappiness that obvious that even he would notice?

Sienna couldn't get the words out. She wanted to tell him she loved him too but the words just wouldn't come out of her mouth. A kiss on the cheek and a "text me when you get home" was all that Andrew got. Sienna saw the disappointment on his face but she couldn't do anything about it.

When Sienna made it back inside the house, Paige and Natasha were in the middle of a debate.

"Sienna, please tell this Florida heathen friend of yours that doughnuts are a breakfast food and not a dessert!" Natasha said, pretending to be outraged.

"Really? You try and eat a donut with orange juice at six in the morning and then tell me they are for breakfast! Ugh gross!" Paige said, rolling her eyes. "Goodness, you two really are related!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Sienna asked, pretending to be offended.

"Paige, I thought you were smarter than this. Why would you get them both riled up?" Sienna's dad joined in on the fun, all the way from the couch. "Good luck, kid." He said, turning the volume back up on the TV.

"Come on, heathen!" Sienna said, grabbing her car keys. "I'm going to show you around town."

"At this time?" Natasha asked, knowing that her little sister rarely went out past ten in the evening. "Send a girl to college for a few months..." she said, shaking her head. "Have fun, guys. I'm going to head out, too." She said, going up to her dad and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "And you...i've got my eye on you!" she said, pointing at Paige.

"Oh, I'd probably do the same if I were you." Paige responded, winking at Natasha.

Natasha looked over at Sienna "Where did you find her? I freaking love her!" She said, going up to Paige and hugging her goodbye.

Sienna looked at Paige who had a wide smile on her face. The more she looked at her the hotter Paige got, It wasn't just about her looks, it was her personality. She had a way of drawing people in, she was witty, and she was smart. She was also freaking hot, though.

"Well, you comin' or what?" Sienna asked Paige, giving her a mischievous grin.