FOURTEEN: Trying To Stay Away

^^^ Kawaii-Chan's look!! Imagine the dress as blue as the shoes. 

Nana-Chan's POV:

It had been a month since the Kings funeral and Prince Travis was offically King Travis as of 3 weeks ago and he has been doing much better, he's still grieving but he's been doing well.

Though that has something to do with Princess Katelyn, while she has returned to being a mermaid once again, she visits him every single day and it cheers him up when he spends time with her.

It's summer time and it is extremely hot out, thankfully King Travis had decided to change the uniforms for the handmaidens a little bit and while it's still a light blue dress, it's floor length off the shoulder and sleeveless with mesh lining around it, almost as a cape.

It's much more comfortable than the other uniform and much more my style, my mother doesn't like it very much but she can't argue wit the King about it.

Mother and father have been watching me extremely closely and have amped up trying to find me a husband I hate every moment of it, I hate that they are trying to force me into a marriage I don't want.

I wanted to fall in love on my own time and they aren't letting me, and the only way I have been able to escape is when Travis shows up and requests I help him.

I've been avoiding Zane for a month now and it's horrible, he had come and knocked on my window once and I pretended to be asleep the entire time.

I haven't gone near the docks once and I keep my distance from the beach, even when Travis tells me that Princess Katelyn would like to see me, I don't go down there.

"Nana-Chan!" I was pulled from my thoughts and looked over to see Kia jogging towards me with her school books in hand and a smile on her face as she realized I had kept my promise.

"How was school Kia?" I asked once she reached me and wrapped her arms around me, I hugged her back and pulled away a second later to start our walk back to the house.

"It was wonderful! We had to write letters today, for King Travis and I hope he likes my letter" I smiled and nodded my head as she continued speaking about her day.

She grabbed my hand and continued going on about her day, I just listened to her and looked around at everything as we passed the pathway towards the docks.

I looked down it and seen Captain Garroth's ship dock, I seen Zane sitting on the railings of the ship reading a book, completely oblivious to the world around him.

I looked away when Kia poked my face softly and I just smiled at her as we ran up the stairs together and were met with our mother, she had a huge smile on her face.

"You have another suitor here Nana-Chan, he is waiting at the beach for you" I bit back the groan and nodded my head as Kia was grabbed my mother and dragged away from me.

I turned around and started walking back down the stairs once again, I hated that they were doing this to me and it wasn't going to stop.

"Another suitor?" I looked over and seen Travis walking up to me, he had taken the back way out of the castle so it makes sense why he was coming from that way.

"Yes, my mother and father are going to kill with the amount of suitors they keep bringing for me. I don't want to be forced into a marriage and they know that" I huffed out, kicking some dirt on the pathway.

"Well, they don't want you to end up with a pirate mercenary" He added, I gasped and slapped his shoulder lightly, the only good thing about this is I could go to the beach and Travis would be nearby.