THIRTEEN: The Threat

Kawaii-Chan's outfit!!!!

Nana-Chan's POV:

Kings and Queens from the surrounding Kingdoms had travelled here for the Kings funeral, all here to pay their respects to the King who had ruled for years and had done a wonderful job of doing so.

They had to come also offer their own advice to Prince Travis who will become King any day now, I know he doesn't want too but the pressure is on and the other Kingdoms will take away the title from him if he does not become King soon.

"Travis?" I knocked quietly on the door, I heard him mumble come in and I pushed the door open to see him sitting on his bed, dressed in his funeral attire.

Closing the door quietly behind myself, I walked over to him and he looked up at me, looking completely and utterly broken right now and that made my stomach turn.

"It's time to go, I know you don't want too" I whispered, he let out a breath and stood up slowly, fixing his funeral attire a bit and turned his attention to me.

"Okay" He mumbled, his voice hoarse from all the crying, he walked past me and I followed quietly behind me, I closed the door behind us and followed him down the hallway.

As he passed, everyone bowed to him to pay their respects and he just stared ahead unable to react or do anything else, clasping my hands together in front of myself, I kept my head down and continued walking.

It was silent the entire walk between Travis and I, you could hear the mummers around us of people wondering how he was doing and if he was ready to be King.

I blocked out those mummers and the whispers and continued on walking as we reached the church and walked inside, I looked up and caught Captain Garroth, Captain Aaron, Princess Aphamu, and Zane sitting all the way in the back.

But that's not the only thing.

"Travis" I whispered, he turned to me and I pointed to them, he looked over and his breath caught in his throat as I looked back over and seen Princess Katelyn in a human form....sitting there next to Princess Aphmau.

He stared at her for another moment before turning and continuing his walk, I followed him and looked over my shoulder once more, I locked eyes with Zane once more and then looked back ahead.

Reaching the front, Travis sat down in the front row and I sat down behind him, next to Kia with my mom on the other side of of me, keeping her head straight ahead.

Kia grabbed my hand and I just held onto it, crossing my leg over the other one and took a deep breath as the priest walked up and started the funeral.

I could hear a few quiet sobs and I felt eyes on me the entire time, I tried to keep my eyes focused ahead until I couldn't take it anymore and looked over my shoulder and seen Zane looking at me.

He nodded his head and I gave him the smallest smile and turned back around to face the front, I glanced over and seen my mom looking at me but I gave her a small smile and looked back ahead.

-1 Hour and 45 Minutes Later-

Fingers brushed across my shoulder and I jolted slightly, spinning around to see Zane standing there, glancing around to make sure no one else could see him.

"I didn't think you guys would come to the funeral" I admitted quietly, stepping off to the side, just out of sight of everyone else around us, including my parents.

"The King requested us there, and so did Prince Travis," He responded, I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. "Are you doing okay Nana? With everything" He asked.

"Yes, I'm doing okay. Umm thank you again for treating the burn on my ankle" The burn had healed a little bit and still had a little bit to go but it was getting much better and would be completely healed soon.

"And how is Prince Travis doing?" He asked.

"Not well, but he's still holding on and with Princess Katelyn here, he seems to be doing okay" Princess Katelyn has been by his side the entire time, with an excuse of her being from a Kingdom far away.

"Good, I should leave. No one wants pirates here" I nodded my head and he bid him goodbye, he walked off and I seen everyone but Princess Katelyn and Princess Aphmau join him.

I watched until he walked away out of my sight and turned around, I jumped when I was met with my mother and father standing there, I gulped and smiled.

"What are you doing?" Father snapped out.

"Nothing" He stepped towards me and I took a step back, he grabbed my arm and yanked me back to him, I winced at how tight his grip was on my arm and my mother didn't seem to care.

"You are never going to see him again, you are going to stay away from that man and if you don't, I will make sure he never sees the light of day again. And you, will be locked away until we find you a good husband and you can be shipped off to be the perfect little wife to someone who is not a pirate" Father snapped out.

"I have no idea wha–"

"Nana-Chan Ashida so help me irene, I will make sure you never see that man again. Because if you do, your freedom will be ripped away from you and his life will be taken" I gulped.

"Yes, father" I whispered and he shoved me away from him, I tripped on the back of my dress and hit the ground as he walked away without another word.

I looked up at mother and she let out a breath as I pushed myself back up and wiped off my dress, biting back the tears that were threatening to spill out.

"Nana-Chan pirates are no good. Do what your father says and stay away from that man" Mother whispered and walked away to catch up to father once again.

A tear slid down my face and I sucked in a breath, I turned around and seen Princess Aphmau standing there, I gave her the smallest smile and she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me, I hugged her back and started crying quietly.