EIGHT: He's My Older Brother

Nana-Chan's POV:

"Hey you found my girl"

Zane stopped and turned around to face Zailez, I gulped and took a step back almost hiding behind Zane which didn't go unnoticed by him as he glanced down at me.

"Your girl huh?" Zane asked, Zailez nodded his head and walked towards us nodding his head.

"Yeah sorry about this. We went for a swim and she disappeared on me" Zane nodded his head and stepped towards him, I watched him as he stopped in front of Zailez.

"Funny" Zailez blinked a few times in confusion and surprise, but I also didn't miss the fear that has flashed across his face and was swirling around in his eyes.

"What's funny?" Zailez was treading lightly with his words right now, I could tell by the hesitation in his voice.

"She can't swim" In seconds Zane had Zailez on the ground and was twisting his arm back into a painful position that had Zailez crying out in pain as he struggled to get away from him.

My eyes widened and I covered my mouth in shock, I watched as Zane kneeled down next to him and leaned closer to him, pulling his arm furthering back.

"Here's what you're going to do; you are going to apologize Nana here for everything you did to her. Then you are going to get onto that boat of yours and go anywhere else but here. If you come back, I'll gut you like a fish, are we clear?" Zane said in a low tone.

"Crystal" Zailez winced out and Zane let go of him, shoving him away and with that Zailez jumped up and practically sprinted away from Zane without another word.

Zane turned around to face me and I stared at him, he glanced down at my arm and my hand without an emotionless expression on his face, one that made me nervous.

"Where did you get the marking on your arm from?" He asked, walking back towards me, I looked down at them for a moment and then looked back up at him.

"Zailez grabbed my arm and twisted it painfully" I answered, he nodded his head.

"And the bruising starting on your knuckles?" He asked.

"I punched him" His eyes widened.

"You punched him?" I nodded my head, my hand still shaking from the pain as I looked down at the bruising starting on my knuckles and then back up at Zane.

"Not very well but enough to make him stumble back" I responded, he nodded his head and gestured for me to continue following him and I did just that.

Walking around the corner, I slowed down enough when I realized we were walking onto Captain Garroth's ship and I started wondering how Zane knew Captain Garroth.

Walking up the plank, I heard voices that stopped when they all noticed me and everyone's eyes were on me.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Nana-Chan" I forced myself not to groan in annoyance and looked over to see Captain Garroth standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Captain Garroth" I greeted politely, he winked and I rolled my eyes looking away from him, I heard him walking towards us and watched when he stopped in front of Zane.

"What are you doing with Nana-Chan?" Captain Garroth asked.

"Helping her" That made Captain Garroth break out into a fit of laughter and hunch over holding his stomach while everyone around started chuckling.

Or well chuckling until Zane looked at them all and then silence followed shortly after, Zane nodded his head towards the room and I followed him in that direction.