THREE: Helping The Prince

Nana-Chan's POV:

Brushing my fingers through Kia's hair, I smiled softly at her through the mirror as she continued working on her latest drawing in the sketchbook I had bought her a few weeks ago.

Mother and father continued reading their books in the living room quarters, the fire crackling in the background as I picked up the hairbrush and started brushing through Kia's hair.

The second I had gotten home this evening, mother told me that Kia needed a haircut and so I told her I would cut Kia's hair for her and save the trip to the hairdressers.

Picking up the scissors, I kept her head straight and started trimming her hair not wanting to cut it too short on her but get rid of the frizzy ends of her hair.

"What did you and Prince Travis do today?" Kia asked, I smiled at her through the mirror and continued cutting small sections of her hair off and measuring to make sure they were the same length.

"We spoke about his father, we mostly spent the day with the King. He was up and moving around today" I answered, leaving out the part where we went to stand in the water for a bit or spoke about Princess Katelyn.

Mother and father would not take kindly to be telling Kia about that as they always said to stay away from any sort of water unless it is to bathe or wash your hands or is needed for food or to drink.

"Did Prince Travis ask about me?" Kia asked, I let out a soft laugh and looked up from her on my place on the ground next to her and nodded my head watching a huge smile take over her face.

"He did. He wanted to know if you were doing okay and told me to tell you he says hi" Her face turned a little red and she let out a gasp of happiness at that.

She then went into a rant about how kind and wonderful Travis is and I just listened adding my two sense in just so mother and father wouldn't get angry about her talking so much.

It took an hour for me to cut Kia's hair and by the time I was done, mother and father had already gone to bed along with everyone else but Kia and I.

Pulling her hair back into 2 sections, I tied one part off with a ribbon and moved to the other side, I started braiding her hair into a french braid this time.

"Do you think there will be a day where I could wear my hair down Nana?" Kia asked, I looked at her through the mirror and nodded my head though I'm not so sure about that.

"One day you will. You look absolutely beautiful with your hair down and with it up" She smiled brightly at me through the mirror and closed her sketchbook.

Tying the first braid off with a pink ribbon, I moved over and continued braiding the rest of her hair into a french braid and listened to her hum quietly.

She always loved humming one song our grandmother used to sing to us before she passed away when Kia was only 8 years old.

"All done. Now go and get ready for bed, you have to be up early to help me with the gardens before school" She nodded her head and stood up wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"Goodnight Nana" I smiled softly and watched her run off towards the stairs, turning around I grabbed her sketchbook and her pencils, walking over I added them into the stack of her school books.

Mother and father tend to throw sketchbooks away but if it looks like a school book they'll leave it alone and I know Kia would be heartbroken if her sketchbook was thrown out.

Grabbing the broom, I started sweeping up the hair and tossed it in the garbage in the kitchen area and set the broom back on it's holder near the door.