TWELVE: He's My Best Friend

Nana-Chan's POV:

"Nana-Chan!" I stopped, dropping the knife on the ground and ran out of the house at the sound of Brielle's panicked voice, ignoring my mother's shouts for that.

Nearly stumbling down the stairs, I caught Brielle before she could fall, the lantern dropped from her hand and shattered around her feet, I jumped when the fire burnt my ankle and ignored it.

"Brielle, what is it? Is Prince Travis okay?" Fear bubbled up inside me as I worried that something happened to Traivs, or something happened to the King.

Mother, father, and Kia ran outside and I heard Kia mention the burn but I ignored it as Brielle started sobbing, covering her mouth to contain the sobs as tears slid down her face.

"The King is dead" Four words that just shattered everything....he couldn't possibly be dead....he was doing better.....he was up and walking around and spending time with us.

Travis.

"Where's Prince Travis?" I asked, my voice shaky as I tried to control it.

"I do not know Lady Nana-Chan. Prince Travis left the palace an hour ago and no one has seen him since" My heart pounded in my ears as I nodded my head slowly.

I don't even know when I told Kia to take Brielle and go back to the palace and tripped over something and landed in the glass, I ignored the pain I felt from that and pushed myself back up.

I started sprinting towards the stables, I needed to get my horse Seze and I needed to get down to the beach where I know he would be, I worry that may do something horrible.

Guards ran past me, whispers erupted inside the palace walls and I knew by the time I reached the beach, everyone would know about it and news would be sent out to the surrounding Kingdoms.

As if mother nature knew about the horrible news, it begun to thunder and started pouring out as I reached the stables and pushed the gate open to Seze's stable.

Grabbing her saddle, I put it on her and ignored the intense pain I got as my hands continued to bleed and I looked down to see the burn looking horrible on my ankle....it needs to be treated but I can't focus on that.

Once Seze was saddled up, I jumped up onto her saddle and whistled, she took off into a gallop out of the stables and started towards the palace gates.

I forced the tears down as I looked around, hoping that maybe just maybe I'd see him walking around and I could get to him before he got to the water.

Seze made it to the beach in half the time and I jumped down, stumbling as I stood back up and started looking around for him, but there was no sign of him anymore.

"Travis!" I shouted and seen something out in the water.......Travis' jacket.

"TRAVIS" I screamed, running into the water and grabbing the jacket as I looked around, fearing that he had done something as the tears started falling.

"TRAVIS" I screamed out in a half sob, I covered my mouth ignoring the blood on my hands as I looked around hoping that Travis didn't do something horrible.

That's when I seen footsteps and sighed in relief as I hoped that they would be Travis' but they were heading in a direction that I couldn't find my way through without getting lost.

I ran out of the water and ordered Seze to go back to the palace as I started running and jumped up onto the docks, I could hear the whispering and mummers around me.

I could hear music playing from Captain Garroth's ship and I just sprinted in that direction, I needed their help because I know they know this entire island like the back of their hand.