FOUR: Unexpected Help

Nana-Chan's POV:

"Hey!"

We both froze for a moment and then looked over to see palace guards starting to make their way towards us, Travis and I looked at each other with wide eyes.

I quickly climbed through the trapdoor and Travis followed a moment later as the guards started shouting for us to stop but we ignored them and Travis shut the door.

Standing up, we started running down the hill as quickly as we could without falling and heard more shouting from the guards on the other side of the palace.

Slowing down as we got towards the bottom, I let out a giggle as we stopped and looked around thinking that maybe the guards weren't going to come after us.

"Stay right there!" We heard, looking over our eyes widened again as palace guards started running towards us, Travis and I took off sprinting in the opposite direction.

Travis grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the left and I realized we were running towards the docks and I just knew my parents would freak out if they knew I was heading there.

I couldn't protest though or else the guards would know exactly where to look so I stayed quiet and caught up to Travis quickly almost losing my flats in the process.

Jumping down the stairs with him, I could hear music playing and looked over seeing it had come from the bar down by the dock and could see people stumbling out.

I looked away as Travis directed me in a different direction and knocked something over to slow the guards down, ignoring the shouts we started running down the stairs.

I hesitated briefly before jumping off the stairs onto the docks and ran along them with Travis, the only other time I've ever gone on the docks is when I had to get Captain Garroth and even then I didn't go very far onto the docks.

Jumping down onto the next dock we kept on running and I looked over my shoulder to see palace guards were no longer following us but I heard them running.

Travis turned much quicker than I expected him too and I gasped trying to stop but it was too late and I fell straight into the ocean and started panicking.

I had no idea how to swim and now I was slowly sinking in the water, I tried pushing myself up but that only seemed to make me sink even faster and make me panic even more.

I heard another splash a minute later and hands wrapped around my arms, I was pulled up and spit out the water coughing as I was pulled over to the docks.

Grabbing a hold on of the post, I pulled myself out of the water and heard someone pulling themselves out of the water next to me on the dock while I coughed up the rest of the water.

"Nana-Chan! Are you okay? I'm sorry I had no idea you weren't next to me anymore" Looking over I seen Travis running back towards me, I nodded my head quickly.

I looked over and locked eyes with gorgeous bright blue eyes and stared at the person who had saved me from drowning, his raven black hair clung to him as water dripped off it onto the dock.

Some of his hair covered one of his eyes and he had a black mask on that covered his mouth and some of his nose, he has pale skin and is dressed in all black....an outfit almost like Captain Garroth's outfit just without the jacket.

He's a pirate.

Pushing myself up, I couhged and spit up the last bit of water and looked around noticing the palace guards searching for us through the buildings and pointed that out.