Chapter 38

A few years have now passed. Today I will be 30 years old. I am married to Soviet and we live in a palace between the former borders of our countries. It is now only one big country that we both rule. There has been no war with other countries for 5 years because we taught them respect. We have the largest and strongest country of all time. Soviet's father retired to a town somewhere. My father couldn't live with the fact that I uncovered his secret and that everyone around him knew and therefore fled to the forest.

Soviet and I took Germany into our family, with my father's permission. Soviet kisses me on the cheek to wake me up. He probably hasn't noticed that I've been awake for a while. I wait until he wants to kiss me again before turning my head to him and kissing him on the lips. After he takes his lips from mine, he hugs me and whispers: "Good morning Reich." "Good morning to you too Soviet.", I whisper back before kissing him on the lips. He strokes my cheek with his hand during the kiss. After the kiss he asks me: "Do you know what a special day today is?" I don't have to think twice before I ask him: "My birthday?"

"Of course it's your birthday!", he says excitedly, "And how many years are you going to be?" "30 I think.", I answer him. Soviet exclaims with delight: "Correct!" Why is he so happy? It's just my 30th birthday. I ask him: "Why are you so happy?" "You will only turn 30 once and there is a wonderful year ahead that I will spend together with you.", replies my husband, before he kisses me again. "I also have a special present for you.", he adds after the kiss. I happily tell him: "I'm really looking forward to it!" "It's something you've wanted for a long time.", my husband tells me.

"Don't tell me too much, otherwise it won't be a surprise anymore.", I make it clear to him. He says: "Don't worry, I think I'm better at not telling you the present this time." "So if it turns out like last year, I'm afraid that I'll already know the present in a few hours.", I remember with a giggle. He kisses me and then promises: "This time it will be different. I promise!" "We will see!", I laugh. I then snuggle up to him. Soviet puts his warm wings around me, I hug him and put my wings around him too. Every day with my husband is a great day.

Somehow I think the longer I'm with him, the more I love him, but I'm not exactly sure because I don't even know if I can love him more than I love him already. He slowly lets me out and kisses my forehead before telling me: "I'll wake up the kids and then we'll have breakfast." I nod and kiss his cheek. He smiles lovingly at me before he gets up and puts on a pair of pants and a sweater. He walks slowly out of the room. I slide to his side of the bed and snuggle up in the warm blanket. No matter where Soviet is, he always makes sure that it is pleasantly warm. After a short time I hear many quiet steps approaching.

The wood under their feet always tells me that the children come to me. The children crawl onto the bed. Some go under the covers, but everyone tries to come to me. I am hugged on all sides and everyone wishes me a 'good morning'. I kiss the forehead of one child after another. A few children have moved out over the years and started their own business. Soviet and I want the children to go their own way and decide for themselves what they want to do. We think it's better that way, as we've had bad experiences ourselves when parents control their children's lives too much. With us, they should do it the way they want.

Soviet and I support them, but they should decide for themselves which paths they want to go. We go to breakfast together. I'll have a pretzel soup. We now have a large buffet where everyone can take as much as they want. The leftovers from the buffet are given to the homeless in the neighboring city. The idea came from Kazakhstan. As he became a teenager, he gave a lot of thought to the homeless and kept giving Soviet and me new interesting ideas. Azerbaijan and Georgia keep coming to visit us and also give us some tips and ideas for different people or groups of people.

We really have led this great country to so many successes. Our country has become a huge role model for others. I'm really proud of what my family and I have achieved. I've also changed my mind about governing a country. I didn't want to rule a country for a long time because I thought it would limit me a lot, but it's not like that. I am happy to solve problems with some Countryhumans, Statehumans and people from all over the world together. For me there is really almost nothing negative left.