Chapter 14: Mother to the rescue

Soviet Union sat downstairs on the sofa and was crying. He knew he had really screwed it up. It hurt him so much inside and he just felt awful. Russia sat next to him with the small child in his arms. Soviet had been crying since Reich had sent him away the second time, that is, for about three quarters of an hour. Belarus hugged her father, who couldn't stop crying. "Papa, you can't sit here and cry all day!", Ukraine complained, but Soviet Union just wouldn't stop. Belarus said: "Only Mama can calm him down and he doesn't even want to see Papa right now.", she stroked him a bit his back to calm him down.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Russia immediately went away with the baby. Soviet wiped away some tears and goes to the door. When he opened the front door, an unknown human woman stood in front of him. "How can I help you?", Soviet asked the lady. "It's so nice to see you again!", she said, hugging him. Soviet didn't understand anything anymore. The woman said: "It's been ages since I last saw you. I don't want to come across as unfriendly, but the last time we saw you, you weren't so... How should I describe it? You looked thinner back then a few years ago... Whatever!" After that, she just walked into the house like she owned it.

Soviet Union was completely confused by their behavior. "I don't know you and would ask you to leave my house.", said Soviet. The woman went up the stairs and didn't listen to Soviet, who stood there in disbelief before running after her. When he reached the top, the door to the bedroom of him and Reich was open. Soviet quickly ran to the room and saw the woman sitting on the bed and looking at Third Reich before stroking his arm. Soviet Union couldn't believe what he was seeing. How did the woman know where Reich was? The lady shook Soviet's husband's shoulder and whispered: "Son, it's me." "M-Mama?", Reich asked sleepily as she hugged him.

Soviet Union was still standing in the doorway watching them without saying a word. "How are you?", she asked Reich. He said: "I'm tired, but otherwise I'm fine." "Nice to hear that.", the lady said, kissing her son on the forehead before looking over at Soviet and waving him over. As quietly as he could, he came over and sat down next to her on the bed. "Where's your daughter?" she asked. "If you mean GEAU, she's out in the garden right now.", Soviet replied. Reich made it clear again: "Soviet, I've made it clear to you that I don't want you around right now." "I'm going.", Soviet said dejectedly.

He got up, but the woman grabbed his arm and pulled him back onto the bed. Reich's mother then asked: "Son, why are you sending your husband away? I can still remember very well how you used to cry to me every day that you can't stop thinking about him and that you miss him so much and now you're just pushing him away from you, knowing it's not doing you or him any good." "He didn't treat our children well and didn't tell me that he wasn't doing well.", Reich answered her. She then asked: "Did you even ask him why?" Reich said: "No, and I don't want to know either!"

"Son-in-law please tell me why you did that, maybe your husband will listen too.", Reich's mother pleaded while Reich turned his back to him. "I missed Reich so much that the pain made me unhappy I wanted to distract myself with small amounts of alcoholic beverages, but at some point I couldn't control it anymore. I didn't tell him that I wasn't feeling well because I didn't want to worry him. Because I was afraid for the safety of the children there he wasn't there to reassure me I became stricter with them I deeply regret being so selfish.

I've already apologized to our children, but I haven't been able to apologize to my husband yet because he doesn't even want me around.", Soviet Union replied, hanging his head. "Soviet we will find a solution.", said Reich's mother, "Son, were you listening?" "No!", you could clearly hear that he was lying. Reich's mother whispered to Soviet: "Give him a kiss, hug him and make as clear as you can how sorry you are." She then stood up and moved aside. Soviet Union moved closer to his husband and hugged him him cautiously. When Third Reich was about to object, Soviet placed his lips on Reich's. Reich didn't push him away and enjoyed the gentle kiss. They kissed for a short time, then Soviet buried his face in Reich's chest, where he again started to cry and said something, but you could hardly understand him.

Unable to push Soviet away, Reich lets his husband say whatever he wants to make him feel better. After a while Soviet looked up at Reich and said to him: "Reich you know that for me you are the most important thing there is. I promise you I won't hide anything anymore and I promise never to hurt our children like that again. Please love forgive me, I've learned my lesson. I will never behave like this again." Soviet then closed his eyes as the tears were making his vision worse. Third Reich then placed one of his hands on Soviet's right cheek and gently wiped away his tears. Soviet Union gently placed his hand on the from Reich that was on his cheek.

Soviet looked at Reich before he said: "Soviet, I'll forgive you if your children forgive you. Because I can see how sorry you are and it's horrible for me to see you like that. I'm still angry with you, but I'm ready to forgive you and I will help you quit drinking and smoking and beat cancer." Soviet had grown closer to him during what Reich had said, he was lying on the bed with a large part of his body and they looked deep into each other's eyes before Reich kissed Soviet Union briefly and then said: "If you want you can lie down with me, but first please bring Libertasland here."

"I'll get him right away. Do you want me to bring you something else as well?", Soviet asked. After a moment's thought, he answered: "Maybe some water." "Will be taken care of it immediately.", confirmed Soviet Union after a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. "I'm so happy to see you together again.", came from Reich's mother, who was still standing in the room. Third Reich immediately looked at his mother, who had tears of joy in her eyes. "Someone is very happy about it.", said Reich. It came from her: "Of course I'm happy about it! It's so nice for me to see when my son and son-in-law are reunited and happy."

Reich then prepared the bed a bit and got the bottle for Libertasland. Moments later, Soviet walked into the room with the small baby in his arms and a bottle of water in his jacket pocket. He lay down next to his husband, who then bottle fed the little child. Then Third Reich put the bottle away and took the glass bottle from Soviet Union. He took a few sips before lying down with his husband. Libertasland lay between them and Soviet puts his arm around both of them after pulling the blanket over them. Reich put his wing, which was under the blanket, around Soviet. He kissed Soviet on the lips and the small child on the forehead before using one arm as a pillow and wrapping the other arm around Libertasland. Third Reich closed his eyes and listened as his mother slipped quietly out of the room.