Chapter 13: Family Problems

Reich slowly woke up with the baby in his arms. The child took away a lot of sleep from him lately. He loved the little child so much and he didn't want to risk the same thing happening to him as his late brother did. Reich rested a little longer because unfortunately he wasn't tired enough to sleep. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and he slowly went to the door to open it further. In front of him stood Belarus, who immediately hugged him. "Good morning Mama!", she wished, but remained quiet because of her little brother. "Good morning to you too, Belarus!", Reich greeted her. Third Reich hugged his daughter, then lifted her up and sat with her on the bed.

She lay down on the bed with her head on Reich's lap. "When will you and Papa get along again?", she asked him. He said sadly: "Unfortunately I don't know. What was your father doing when I wasn't with you?" Belarus thought a little before answering: "Papa drank vodka again, smoked from time to time, but most of us didn't know about it. He locked GDR and FRG in the basement because they were incredibly angry that day and they both turned against him. He yelled at the others who resisted. When our little sister went missing, he locked us in our room at night and watched us all day and wouldn't let us out."

Even more anger built up in Reich, but he tried not to let it show. To distract himself, he began massaging his daughter's forehead. Belarus enjoyed it and relaxed a lot, but she could feel the anger in Reich a bit. Her head tingled more and more, which made her smile more and more. At some point it occurred to her: "Papa wants to come in a few minutes and bring you breakfast." Slowly Third Reich stopped massaging his daughter and heard unmistakable footsteps, which he recognized immediately. He just didn't want to see Soviet at all. Belarus sat down up again and saw her father standing in the hallway.

"Good morning lo-", he was interrupted by Reich: "Don't come with 'Good morning love'! Do you think everything is forgiven and forgotten? I'm really mad at you!", roared Third Reich, who tried to be as softly as he could. He had stood up and was stomping towards him. Soviet made himself small and wanted to say something, but Reich interrupted him again: "Get out! I don't care about breakfast! I don't want to see you, so get out of my sight right now!" Reich closed the door, but shortly afterwards he leaned against the door and started to cry. There was so much pressure on him that he finally had to let it out.

He slowly got to his knees, but remained pressed close to the door. Belarus hugged him from behind. After a while he calmed down and sat back down on the bed with his daughter next to him. "Do you still love Papa?", Belarus asked uncertainly. Her mother replied: "I wouldn't have married him if something like that separated us. I know it sounded like I hated him, but I don't. I'm just so mad at him right now and i'm also in so much stress right now because I haven't slept for a week because of your little brother because i had to keep an eye on him all the time and he was very hungry.

The following days I only slept a few hours because I was still afraid for him. Then your little sister came and partly told me what's going on with you. I'm tired and exhausted." Belarus suggested: "How about my siblings and I take care of our little brother? Then you could relax and we could spend more time with our little brother." "I'm not sure.", Reich said. "Please Mama!", she begged. Third Reich gave in: "Okay, but please wake me up immediately if he's coughing, seems exhausted or is hungry." "We'll do it! Thanks Mama! We'll take good care of him.", Belarus assured him.

Reich carefully handed the baby to his daughter and she went to her siblings while Third Reich tried to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, his worries didn't go away. Eventually GDR and FRG came into his room and he sat up because he still couldn't sleep. "From now on you're our Papa again, because we don't want to be in the same family as Mr. Soviet Union.", GDR said as he hugged Reich. FRG also hugged him and said: "We want to be as far away from Soviet as possible! We've always known he wasn't nice." FRG agreed with his brother: "Yes, Papa, how could you have loved him so much?"

It was enough for Third Reich: "Now it's enough for me, you two! Soviet Union and his children are part of our family. I know you like Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia and all other children of Soviet, so what you want, you wouldn't like either. I married Soviet and had two wonderful children with him because I love him and you have to accept that too. You two are inseparable, what if someone separated you? It would be as bad for you as it was for Soviet and me if we split up. Also, what about GEAU and Libertasland?", the two looked down.

"I'm angry with Soviet, but that's not why would leave him. I will show him that he did wrong and that he shouldn't do it again, but if I left him, you wouldn't see me happy so quickly because he makes me happy. We risk our lives for each other because we love each other. Next time please think before you complain about someone in your family and please let me sleep now.", Reich explained and slowly lay down again while his two sons left the room.