Chapter 7: Surprise of Britain

GEAU woke up in the afternoon and realized she was not with her family. After a while she remembered where she was. She stretched and slowly stood up. Her bag was next to the bed, were she left it and carefully left the room. She slowly went downstairs because she heard voices coming from there. At some point she came into the kitchen, where Ireland was cooking something. Northern Ireland sat in a chair at the kitchen table and looked at a newspaper. When she noticed GEAU she put the newspaper aside and wished: "Good morning GEAU!" "Good morning to you too!", she said back happily. "Good Morning! Would you like some beans on toast as well?", Ireland asked. GEAU cheerfully replied: "I'd like to try that."

"It'll be ready soon, so sit down.", Ireland said, getting her silverware. GEAU sat down and waited for the food. "Would you like some cheese on your toast?", he asked her. To which GEAU said: "Sure!" Northern Ireland finished examining the newspaper and asked curiously: "Does your father know you're looking for your mother?" "Yes!", she replied. "And what did he think of that?", she asked GEAU. "I don't know!", said GEAU. To which Northern Ireland asked, confused: "Did you even talk to him?" "I didn't talk, I wrote it down for him.", she replied. "I'm sure your father misses you a lot.", Ireland said. Little GEAU replied: "Not really, since he has seven other kids to look after and is in a weird mood most of the day."

"Why weird?", came from him. She replied: "He keeps drinking what looks like water but isn't water. Papa always walkes weird and smells horrible. Besides, everyone in the house is scared of him when he's like that." "He keeps getting drunk.", thought Northern Ireland aloud. "Anyway, dinner's ready!", said Ireland, setting out the tost with the melted cheese and beans in tomato sauce GEAU and putting two more plates on the table for himself and his sister. "Enjoy your meal.", GEAU wished them, to which they both wished her as well. After dinner, Northern Ireland informed her: "In an hour we'll be on our way to Britain."

In that one hour she drew something and tried to practice reading again. Then the three got into a car, drove to the airport and flew to their destination. Afterwards they got into a waiting car with a chauffeur and drove to the palace of Britain, who was already waiting for them. "Welcome Ms. Northern Ireland and Ireland and... GEAU?", greeted Britain. Northern Ireland said: "Hello Britain! As you can already see we have someone else with us who believes Third Reich is still alive and therefore needs your help." "I know Mama is alive and I'm asking you to help me.", GEAU pleaded. Britain was still a bit speechless.

"You don't want to disappoint the little girl, do you?", Ireland asked. Britain reluctantly replied, "N-No of course not, but what would her father say to that?" Ireland said: "Her father doesn't know about it and she wants to search on her own, but she needs help to make progress. My sister and I can't do anything, but I'm sure you can help." "I honestly can't help her.", said Britain. "Can't or won't you help her?", asked Northern Ireland. "I can't help her as I'm very busy and don't have time to take care of such little things.", said Britain. To which Ireland replied: "You call a little girl looking for her mother a something little?!"

"She even ran away from home to get your help!", complained Northern Ireland. "What do I care? She's a runaway kid, a lot of kids just run away. But if she wants to stay with me, she's more than welcome.", Britain said, but the last sentence sounded strange. "Didn't you say you didn't have time?", Ireland asked skeptically. He replied: "Then I'll find time somehow." "GEAU stay with my sister!", whispered Ireland. Slowly she moved towards her and grabbed her hand. "If that's the case, you definitely won't get her!", Ireland said. Not a bit surprised, Britain came closer.

Ireland threatened: "If you harm her, your kingdom will sink into eternal snow!" Then he stopped and said: "Don't you dare Ireland! I would also, according to the treaty, get help from the Soviets feared Red Army after that, you, your sister, and your people will be history once and for all!" This time Ireland took a few steps back. Britain grinned at this and waved a hand, with some people surrounding Ireland, Northern Ireland and GEAU. GEAU held Northern Ireland's hand even tighter. "I have a plan. When I say 'now', run down one of the hallways.", Ireland whispered. Ireland used his power to summon a rain cloud into the room.

After that he jumped on Britain that the guards rushed in his direction. "Now!", he yelled, and Northern Ireland formed a rampart through the rain, which she ran across with GEAU. They then fled through the palace corridors, soon having shaken off the guards who were chasing them. Northern Ireland and GEAU ran in room and hid there. "What now?", asked GEAU. Northern Ireland walked with her to the window in the room, which she opened and said: "GEAU you will fly away!" "What? I can't leave you guys here!", she complained. "The only way you can help us is to get help.", said Northern Ireland. "But who should I get help from?", she asked desperately.

"Your father, France, America, just ask anyone.", she said desperately and the door opened. Northern Ireland picked up GEAU and placed her on the window sill. GEAU quickly jumped out the window and took to the skies. In the air she wondered if she should get help. Having made up her mind, she flew towards her home and when she finally got there hours later, she put a note on the front door with a rock on it and knocked on the Door. The note said what had happened to Ireland, Britain and Northern Ireland. After knocking, she flew away again, back in the direction she came from, but she continued to fly to the beach. She landed briefly and considered whether she really had everything with her. After making sure she had everything she needed for the long flight, she took to the air again.