Chapter 8: Crash near America

When she flew away, she looked at the coast again, because she was unsure whether she wouldn't be able to get to America better by plane. But she stuck with it and kept flying. She already knew that it would take her at least five days and she couldn't even take a break because she could only land in water and once in water she couldn't fly away because you can't fly with wet wings. GEAU wasn't quite sure what to do when she ran out of food or drink either, as she couldn't fly with too much either, otherwise it would be too heavy for her. Nevertheless, she took the risks and flew over the sea.

According to the map, if she just flew straight ahead, she would reach her destination. Unfortunately, she didn't know where exactly America lived, so she hopes to get help from the people when she gets to the continent. A few hours passed and she got bored, because there was nothing more interesting in the ocean than fish and only a few seabirds were flying around, which eventually became boring for her. She had already seen some fishing boats, but she had to stay away from them. Most of the time she glided as she would expend too much energy flapping her wings, instead she held her wings in place and used the wind from below to stay in the air.

Several hours passed and she saw fewer and fewer boats and birds, also it was getting dark. She really hoped that Ireland and Northern Ireland were doing well and that her father was helping them. She came up with the idea of ​​writing a few things on a piece of paper like yesterday. She carefully took out all the materials and began to write.

Day 1:

Ireland and Northern Ireland tok care of me. The two have ben rely kind to me. We wanted help from Britain but he wasnt kind to us at al. I flew awai and asked Papa for help wit a pice of paper. I hope everiting goes wel. I am fling to America and hope he can help me to find Mama.

She packed everything up again. She flew a few more hours and fastened her bag even better and looked at the compass again. Then she tried to fall asleep, mid flight. She managed to sleep on half of her brain as she still had to be careful not to suddenly fall out of the sky. She also had to beware of airplanes, even if they didn't fly that low, especially not at sea. GEAU flew over the open sea for days trying to save heir food. The flight was incredibly tiring and boring. Most of the time the sun was shining and made sure that she got too hot because she wasn't used to such weather.

At home it was a perfect mix of cold and warmth, while here it was too hot. There were hardly any clouds in the sky, but there was always a gentle and cool breeze. It was incredibly exhausting and heir journey took longer than planned because of the constantly stronger wind. It had already been almost a week and she was totally sweaty. GEAU saw more and more boats, which gave her more hope. Her wings hurt her incredibly and she flew lower and lower. When she noticed that, she flew higher so no one would spot her. She was also extremely tired from not sleeping properly. Suddenly she heard a plane behind her and tried to get away.

But she didn't make it, her left wing was caught a little and she fell out of the sky. She could no longer move her wing and came closer and closer to the ground. She grabbed the wing with her left hand and spread it out. Now GEAU could turn face down again and made sure that she kept gliding. Relieved, she looked around and only now noticed that there was land beneath her. She took her compass out of her backpack with one hand and slightly rotated the direction she needed to fly. During the days at sea, she had found out from her books where America lived. It took a while to get to heir destination.

When she finally arrived, she briefly circled the building and slowly came down. GEAU tried to plan her landing, but she couldn't manage it, especially because her legs were too weak, and she crashed heavily onto the lawn. Some people ran to her, some shocked, others confused or in a bad mood. Eventually someone came and carefully picked her up, when she saw the person, she saw Canada looking at her with concern. America came too, but he was scared by the look on her face and carefully took her before she passed out. She kept waking up and just felt that America was running with her somewhere.

When she woke up again she was lying in a big bed in a big room. On the bed she saw someone who must have been waiting for her to wake up because he came a little closer and put his cold hand on her forehead. She winced at this and the person removed their hand. "How are you GEAU?", the person asked. "Better than before.", she answered. The man said: "You've been lying here for a day." "Really that long?", she asked, not believing him. "Yesterday it was 4 p.m. when you crashed and now it's 3 p.m..", he replied. Then GEAU yawned briefly. The man asked: "Your left wing is broken, how did you do that?"

"Plane!", she answered him. "What are you even doing here?", he asked confused. GEAU answered him: "I wanted to ask America for help because of my Mama." "How should I help you with Reich, he died or not?", America asked confused. "Mama's not dead and I know it!", protested the little Countryhuman. "Fine if you stop disappearing for days and crash in my backyard with your wing broken.", America said. "Won't happen again!", she assured him. To which he asked: "How did you get here in the first place?" "I flew here.", she replied. Shocked, he exclaimed: "WHAT?! That's impossible!" "It isn't impossible and could I please get some sleep as I haven't been able to sleep properly for a week?", GEAU asked. "Y-yes, of course.", he said, slowly leaving her room while she fell asleep again.