𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚊

☯☯☯

𝙰𝚗 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢.

☯☯☯

Yandere: Daniel, dark brown hair, brown eyes, olive skin, 22 years old.

⚠️Warning: mentions of rape and murder. ⚠️

☯☯☯

I took another bite of my (F/F). A few weeks ago, I was asked out by my coworker, Daniel. I hadn't interacted with him much, but he seems like a caring and nice guy.

So, here I am, getting to know the handsome man in front of me. He was currently telling me a story about how he went camping with his dad. "So, me and my old man have been in the tent for a couple of hours, the sun set about an hour ago, it's pretty dark. We decided that we wanted to go on a night hike. We get all of our stuff together, make sure the tent is zipped up, and then we're off. I would like to say that we were about a half mile into the trail when we happened upon a cabin. And, we heard screaming. A woman's scream. We ran up to the cabin and saw her being sexually assaulted. My dad told me to run back to the tent and call the police while he helped the woman. I left him there. Luckily, the police showed up quickly. They were able to arrest the man and get the woman help."

The graphic descriptions made your dish seem not as appetizing.

"That sounds terrifying. Do you remember the name of the assulter?" I ask, sitting at the edge of my seat.

"Well, to be honest, I don't remember. I blocked most of those memories." He admits. "Sorry, but it was just really traumatizing. Last I heard, the guy died in jail."

"Oh, well. It's alright! That does sound really scary, though." You go back to your food.

"What about you?" Daniel asks. "Do you have any horrifying stories?"

"Hmm. Not that I can think of. I was a very sheltered child, so not much light of the bad stuff got through the shadows of my parents. " I tell him

"Yeah. So, you are naive about some things?" That was a complete 180 from the tone he previously had. This put me slightly on edge. Even though I have gotten to know Daniel over the past hour, I still don't trust him.

"I guess you could say that..." He hums in return before digging back into his food.

Once we finish our meal and pay the tab, Daniel asks, "Hey, do you want to go on a walk through the woods? It's a pretty nice night out."

I do love going on walks and having deep conversations with people. "Sure! Let me put my purse in the car, and we can! Do you think I'll need bug spray?" I ask him.

"Probably not. The bugs aren't too bad this time of year." He responds. "In fact, you can just bring yourself. No phones, no devices, no nothing. Just us and nature."

Usually I would want to take my phone with me, but he's right. I don't want to get distracted from nature. I put all of my things in the car.

With that, I we got on our way. We continued laughing, talking, and walking along the trail.

However, I was kind of surprised when Daniel led me off the trail. "Hey, shouldn't we stay on the trail? You never know what could be out here." I am worried now. I want to at least get back on the trail. If not, just give up and go home all together.

The brunette man just continued forward, as if going somewhere with a purpose. I followed him since I would be lost in the darkening woods without him.

After a little while longer, he stopped and turned to me. "I found it." Was all he said. This situation was getting even more creepy. Daniel stalked towards me. "We should go inside. Then, the real fun can begin." Those words sound so twisted and malevolent.

I shake my head no. "I think I'd rather go home now. This was a really nice date, but you're not my type. I'll see you at work on Monday." I quickly say, before almost running away. But, he appeared in front of me, blocking the exit.

"I said we should go inside. I suggest you go willingly." Who was this, and where did the nice man I was talking to go?!

It was pretty obvious I couldn't fight him, so I just let myself be dragged. Every step taken closer to the door of the cabin made my fight or flight instincts become more prominent. I had to do something. My senses told me that if I reached that cabin, something horrific would happen.

I began thrashing with all my strength, punching and kicking Daniel every chance I got. Once I hit him where the sun doesn't shine, he released me.

I took off like a torpedo fueled with the best gas money could buy. I don't think I have ever run so fast. I could hear him following me. I just kept pushing forward until I burst into a local business.

"P-please, you have to h-help me. There is a deranged man after me. Please call the cops!" The employee nodded, quickly dialing 911.

The employee let me sit at a table in the small café. However, Daniel soon entered the establishment, too. A second employee asked if he had a reservation or would like a to go order. The second employee was somehow able to hold a conversation with Daniel until the police arrived, arresting him.

A policewoman approached me. "Hello, dear. Are you (Y/N)?" She asks. I nodded yes. "Well, (Y/N), I you'll be glad to know that Daniel has been detained and that you are extremely lucky."

"How so?" I question.

"Well, Daniel is a notorious sex offender and murdered. He takes women on dates, only to lead them to a cabin where he rapes then murders them. Pretty messed up, right?" The female explains.

"He told me that him and his dad caught someone doing just that. I guess he was just describing what he does..." I reply.

"Well, if you need any mental help after this, just come down to the station, and we'll get you some. Take care now, alright?" The sweet policewoman tells me.

I walked out of the café that night, mostly unscathed. I thanked my lucky stars that I was not a victim.

☯☯☯

So, this one wasn't the most romantic. I bounced between this and having the reader already be captured, trying to escape. Do you think that the other idea would've been better?

Thank you for 15+ reads in the first 24 hours of publishing this book! (As of writing this)