Chapter 0.8 - Prologue: The story of the family of Gods of Light and Darkness

~ Narrator pov ~

~•~

Once upon a time;

The world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods and goddesses. But if you ever believe a lone man and lone woman, the four of them, a family are actually real.

They were two brothers and two cousins, one each daughter of to neither of the two brothers.

The older sibling and the eldest daughter, the God and Goddess of Light, both found joy in creating forces of life.

Meanwhile, the younger brother and the youngest daughter, the God and Goddesses of Darkness, spent their time creating forces of destruction. As anyone can imagine they all had pretty different ideas about how things should go.

The older ones with both spend their days creating water, plants, wildlife.

And at night, the younger ones with both wait to see all the things that the elders had made and become disgusted.

To counteract the God and Goddess of Light's creations, the God and Goddess of Darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all they both could do to rid both of Remnant and Earth of life.

Life always returned.

So one night, the younger brother went and made something - something that's shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything.

The creatures of Grimm.

The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn't last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation...together, something that they could all be proud of, their own masterpieces.

The younger brother, his daughter and his niece all agreed.

This last great creation would be given the power to both create and destroy.

It would be given the gift of knowledge, so that it could learn about itself and the world around it. And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have free will to take everything it had to learn and decide which path to follow - the path of life or the path of Darkness. And that is how humanity came to be, in both worlds.

The four gifts to mankind - knowledge, creation, destruction and choice, along with the other five gifts but known as weapons - stability, energy, wisdom, freedom and balance - all aren't just metaphorical. Each of them exists in a physical form, left behind by the gods and goddesses before they abandoned Remnant and each of them is extraordinary powerful. If someone were to collect all nine, they'd be able to change the worlds.

But that's what the enemy wants.

The huntsman academies were created to train generations of humanity's protectors, but they also serve another purpose - guarding the relics and weapons, but however the fifth weapon is nowhere to be found, so it will be rather hard for someone who'll able to find.

When a lone man's predecessor founded the schools, he built them around the relics to act as a fortress. Not only would they be easier to defend, but they would constantly be surrounded by trained warriors. The hope was that hidden them would keep mankind from using them against itself...and of course keeping them out of her reach.

At the same time around, a lone woman's predecessor also founded a place, the only place that she built around of the academies to act as a fortress but also guarded around them. They are known as acolytes, that protectors of huntsmen and huntresses and that includes all the academies to help them to guide the relics and the weapons, to keeping them out of her reach as well.

Not much is known about Salem. Quite frankly, that's not what matters. What matters now is that she wants the relics and the weapons and if she gets them all, it's not going to end well...

But years later, everything had changed because there was also someone who almost killed Salem...

By a young man named; Yorrichi Tsugikuni

~°~

~ Flashbacks pov ~

~ Over 20 years ago ~

The whole background is raining and it's at night, a young man known as Yorrichi is walking through the muddy wet ground with his hand has has a katana in his grip as he then saw a person across him as next to that person are two Grimms and and that person reveals to be Salem, who she commands them to attack, but Yorrichi dodges them before slashing them in the process just then Salem them sends her attack towards him as he dodges it.

As Yorrichi dodged another attack, he went towards Salem and slashed her using his sword. It only gives her several deep cuts from him and that weapon of his with the power of the sun and flames.

As she falls to the floor, she looks up and sees Yorrichi standing across her.

Yorrichi: What is the value of life to you?

She didn't even answer her but gritted her teeth so hard which causes herself to bleeding coming out from her mouth all because she gritted her teeth from her anger and her eyes are widened with anger and fear.

Before he could do anything, Salem create a portal and escaped...

~•~