Chapter 3 - The Fall of Beacon; part 3

Normal pov

~•~

At Amity Colosseum, the match between Penny and Pyrrha begins. In addition to the masses spectating around the world, Ozpin, Ironwood and Ben are also watching the match. As to fight commences, Penny attacks with Floating Array, but Pyrrha is able to dodge or deflect her attacks. From the stands, Emerald is seen watching them attentively and concentrating.

~•~

Outside the arena, Ruby confronts Mercury, who acts threatenly and prevents her from leaving. Unarmed and alone, Ruby attempts to escape using her semblance, but Mercury stops her with a kick to the gut and then proceeds to shoot her scroll when she attempts to call for help

~•~

During the match, through continuous attacks with a combination of lasers blasts and sword strikes, Penny manages to put Pyrrha on the defensive, even momentarily disarming her, but Pyrrha manages to holds her own using her polarity semblance. Finally, as Penny prepares her final attack, Emerald discreetly uses her illusions to multiply Penny's weapons dozens of times - making it appear to Pyrrha as if Penny has thousands of swords. In response, Pyrrha unleashes of disproportionately powerful pulse of magnetic force, deflecting all the swords.

Penn, who was watching the whole thing from the audience, knew what it will happen next, making sure nothing happened to his sister. He jumped out of the audience and he flew over to his sister with determined but worried and panic expressions.

Penn: Penny, look out!

Penny looked at her brother with shock for what he just exposed himself.

Penny: Big brother, no! Get back!

Unfortunately when the twins are both each other's side, the sword ensnaring the twins in their own wires. Due to the force of the twins own pulses, the wires cut straight through the twins, cutting them into several parts and revealing their robotic natures. Both of the twins falls to the ground motionless, their own eyes devoid of life.

The audience around the world is visibly horrified. Pyrrha is shocked by what she has done and Ozpin, watching from his office, is also taken aback. And unknown figure is watching from Atlas, reacting with restrained emotion. Ruby, who has managed to escape Mercury, re-enter the stadium where she sees the aftermath of the match and breaks down emotionally.

~•~

Oobleck and Port attempt to shut off the broadcast come but they found out that they no longer have control. It was answered when a red screen took over the screens of every hologram in Remnant. Ruby instantly knew piece icon of a black queen chess piece from that one day. The broadcast has hijacked by Cinder.

Cinder: This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust. Your safety. Your children. To men who claim to be your guardians. But are, in reality...nothing more than men. Our academies' headmasters wield more power than most armies and one was audacious enough to control both.

Several audience members look uneasy, while Jaune is seen mouth agape in shock. Ironwood, realizing who she's talking about, grimaces and rises from his seat, marching up the steps.

Cinder: They cling to this power in the name of peace and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at the synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another star's pupil. What need would Atlas have for a couple of soldiers disguised as a little boy and little girl? I don't think the Grimm can see a difference.

Pyrrha continues to stare at the remains of Penny and Penn in dread and guilt. She raises a hand to cover her mouth, then her eyes start watering and a single tear falling.