35

"Doctor, what's wrong with Hwan? Why hasn't there been any improvement? He isn't talking or responding?", Jae asked Dr. Song who was monitoring Hwan's health.

Dr. Song hesitated, "Mrs. Jung. Um...I need to talk to your family members. Can you call Seokjin or Hoseok?"

Jae was concerned, "Why? What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to them. Please call your family."

"Doctor what is it that you are not telling me? Whatever it is I can handle it."

"I understand Mrs. Jung. Please. I request you to call your sons."

Jae clenched her teeth and dialed her son – Seokjin. Within an hour, Jin arrived with Hoseok and Jimin.

Everyone was seated in Dr. Song's room. "Doctor what is it?", Hoseok asked.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice. Well, we have done angioplasty but...there were complications from his heart attack. Mr. Hwan suffered cardiogenic shock, and as a result, he won't be able to speak or move."

Jae almost screamed, tears welling up, "No... No, this can't be happening..."

"I'm sorry, Mrs Jung. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is our job. We're doing everything we can, but it's a very serious situation." Everyone looked at the doctor helpless and in sadness.

"There has gotta be any treatment for this", Hoseok asked hopeful something to save his father.

"We are looking into it. There are treatments but it will be slow and the results will be gradual", Dr. Song assured.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, "Oh thank you. That's good right? Lets start the treatment right away", Hoseok said and everyone agreed.

"Not now...he needs some time to recover from the angioplasty. He needs time. We cannot rush into such things", Dr. Song said.

"Yes. Yes, of course. Sorry", Hoseok apologised.

"Its fine. But once he is at home and recovers, we can begin the treatment", Dr. Song assured.

"Great."

**************

A week has passed and Mr Jung is back at Jung Mansion. Jae didn't know what to do. Jin was still at Kim Mansion and Jae didn't know how to react. His father is in such a poor state and he is still going behind Namjoon. She doesn't know how to react and what kind of game Jin is playing. She was lost in thoughts when Jackson walked in the Jung Mansion with his subordinate Young-jae. Now that Hwan and Jae are at the Jung Mansion, things will be much easier unlike hospital. He must continue the investigation. He looked at the security and asked Young-jae to talk to the security. "Mrs Jung, we need to.."

"I know I know you need to ask questions to my husband, but he is still recovering. Moreover, he cannot talk or move. Can't you guys leave us alone?"

"I am sorry Mrs. Jung but this is our job. Actually, we need to ask you as well.", Jackson said.

"Me? What do you want to ask me?", Jae was surprised and in shock.

"About what happened. Did you notice any changes in Mr Jung's behavior before the heart attack?", Jackson asked.

"What do you mean", Jae asked.