1

The principal's voice echoed through the hall as she announced that the chief guest would be revealing the winner of the highly anticipated school competition. She read that the first prize is Jung Hoseok and second prize is Jung Seokjin. The audience clapped and cheered for the winners.

Seokjin, however, was not happy. He walked up to the principal and shouted, "This is unfair! I won't accept second prize! I deserve to be the first!"

The principal was shocked and angry. She said, "Seokjin, stand back and behave yourself. This is not the way to show respect to the judges and our chief guest. You should be proud of your achievement and congratulate your younger brother."

Seokjin glared at her and said, "No, I will not. I will not accept second prize. I have never lost in anything. I always win. I am the best."

Hoseok, who was standing next to him, smiled and said, "Hyung, it's okay. You did a great job. Here, you can have my trophy. I don't mind." He handed the trophy to Seokjin, hoping to calm him down.

Seokjin snatched the trophy from him and said, "Don't act like you are doing me a favor. You don't deserve this trophy. You are just lucky. You are nothing compared to me."

He walked away from Hoseok, leaving him hurt and confused. Hoseok's face fell. But the principal patted the poor boy's head. "I am proud of you Hoseok."

As they reached their home, Seokjin proudly displayed his trophy to his parents.

Hoseok asked his brother to give the trophy to him for a minute. He calmly explained that he was the rightful winner and simply wanted to savor the victory for a brief moment. After all, he is the one who won it in the first place.

Seokjin became angry. He said, "How dare you ask me for the trophy? It's mine now. You gave it to me. You can't take it back."

Hoseok pleaded, "Please, Hyung. Just for a minute. I won't keep it. I just want to hold it for a little while."

Seokjin slapped Hoseok across the face. He said, "Don't you ever touch my trophy again. It's mine and only mine."

Their father Jung Hwan who had just walked in witnessed the commotion saw Hoseok's cheek red and swollen from the slap as tears prickled down his tiny face.

He yelled at Seokjin, "What have you done? How could you hit your brother like that? How could you be so selfish and arrogant?"

Seokjin ignored his father and walked away coolly, leaving Hoseok cry.

Jung Hwan hugged Hoseok and said, "I'm sorry, son. I'm so proud of you. You are a kind and generous person. You don't need a trophy to prove your worth."

He turned to his wife Jae who was witnessing everything silently and said, "You need to teach Seokjin how to lose graciously. He needs to become more humble and grateful. Winning is not everything in life, Jae."

Jae nodded but she felt torn inside. She loved both her sons but she had a soft spot for Seokjin. He was her first born and has her charm. He is ambitious and a go-getter like her unlike Hoseok who was more like his father.

She felt a pang of guilt and regret as she wondered if she had spoiled Seokjin too much with her indulgence or if she had failed to give him enough love and attention. She hoped that one day he would realize his mistake and show some affection and kindness to his younger brother Hoseok, who had always looked up to him and admired him.

As Seokjin continued to grow, it became apparent that his arrogance knew no bounds. Blessed with intelligence, good looks, charisma, and undeniable charm, he effortlessly captivated those around him. Meanwhile, Hoseok, his younger brother, developed into a humble and diligent student. However, no matter how hard Hoseok tried, he always found himself living in the shadow of Seokjin's overwhelming presence.

Despite the stark differences between them, Hoseok chose to embrace his love for his older brother and learned to navigate around Seokjin's self-centered behavior. It wasn't always easy, as Seokjin's antics often tested Hoseok's patience, but Hoseok's affection for his sibling outweighed the frustrations.

Hoseok understood that Seokjin's allure could sometimes cloud his judgment and create an inflated sense of self-importance. Rather than confront Seokjin head-on, Hoseok opted for a subtler approach. He mastered the art of tolerance, adapting his actions to accommodate Seokjin's desires and whims whenever necessary. He found ways to mitigate the impact of Seokjin's arrogance, always seeking harmony and peace within their relationship.

While Hoseok may not have possessed the same outward charm as Seokjin, he honed his own strengths and nurtured his own passions. He excelled academically, finding solace in his studies and his personal achievements.

Seokjin strutted into the living room, his confident smile plastered across his face. "Hoseok, have you finished my assignment yet? I need it by tomorrow," he demanded, his tone dripping with entitlement.

Hoseok, sitting at the desk engrossed in his own work, looked up with a calm expression. "Seokjin, I have my own responsibilities to take care of. I can't always prioritize your tasks," he replied, his voice steady but laced with a hint of weariness.

Seokjin scoffed, his arrogance shining through. "Don't be ridiculous, Hoseok. It's not like you have anything better to do. Just do it," he retorted dismissively.

Hoseok took a deep breath, his eyes reflecting a mixture of frustration and affection. "Hyung, I understand that you're used to getting what you want, but I have my own dreams and goals. I can't keep catering to your every whim. It's time you learned some independence and took responsibility for your own work," he said, his words carrying a subtle plea for understanding.

Seokjin's brows furrowed in annoyance, his ego bruised by Hoseok's refusal. "You're always lecturing me, Hoseok. Just do as I say for once," he snapped, his voice tinged with frustration.

Hoseok's gaze softened as he met his brother's eyes. "Hyung, I care about you more than you realize. I want you to grow into a person who can stand on their own, who can appreciate the value of hard work and empathy. Trust me, it will benefit you in the long run," he said gently, his sincerity shining through.

Seokjin's defenses wavered for a brief moment, a flicker of vulnerability crossing his face. But he quickly regained his composure, masking his emotions with a dismissive smirk. "Whatever, Hoseok. You're just jealous of my looks," he muttered, turning away and retreating to his room.

Hoseok watched him leave, a mixture of sadness and determination in his eyes as he went back to doing his assignment and then his brother's assignment. He knew he needed to finish Seokjin's assignment or else he will be in trouble.

----------------------------

TBC...

This is the first chapter. Let me know how it was.

If you like the story, vote or comment.

Have a relaxing Sunday....!!!