Chapter 11 - Turning Around

Tuesday – April 7th 2020

I was dreaming of a white sandy beach where the breeze blows hot and the water was warm. I was standing all alone on the beach as I watched the ocean roll in and out. It was so peaceful and quiet.

Paradise!

A voice beaconed to me...

'It is time to go.'

I looked back at a young man with his hand outstretched. I glanced at his handsome young face and realized that it was me! But not me, just someone possessing my body!

'Do not be afraid.' he says 'It is time to go.' His voice was soft, like a bed of green sea kelp.

'Go where?' I asked, my feminine voice matching my feminine body, as I was still in my Caitlynn form.

'Home.' He softly coos like a mourning dove. I looked back at the crashing sea as I felt the longing to swim increase as my body begins to feel icy-cold.

'Out...there?' I trembled, asking him. However, Skylynn seemed to have transform into mother as she walked slowly over to me.

'Yes, sweetie.' she says as I look at her beautiful violet dress and white skirt. I cried, the tears flowing down my cheeks.

'I do not understand!' I plead. I did not want to go.

'It is the only way...this was always your purpose!' she says as she holds my hand.

'But I'm scared!' I cried as mom held me tightly as I held onto her...clinging on for dear life.

'Time is running out.' says a new voice. I glanced up and looked into Caitlynn's beautiful silver eyes as she gently held me. 'It is nearly sunup!'

I turned away from her as I saw the first rays of the sun bursting over the Caribbean blue ocean. I then immediately felt tired, drifting down like a feather, lightly falling to the ground as I looked up and glanced at both Caitlynn and mom as they both looked down at me, seeming disappointed in me.

'I thought you had changed!' mom says 'Apparently, I was wrong about you! You are selfish and self-centered...but I forgive you! So please, forgive me!'

I was back to my normal self as I watched Caitlynn starting to fall apart, transforming into sea foam as her skin was carried away by the breeze.

'Caitlynn!' I cried out as she was blown away. I felt the warmth of the sun's morning light upon my face as I held the foam within my hands, wailing 'Come back!'

I screamed as I felt my own body wracked with tremendous pain as the pain of my traumatic past catches up with me. I looked over at mom as my eyes were filled with tears of deep sorrow and regret...

'I am sorry! I am so sorry! I didn't know!' I looked down at my hand as the skin had already begun to fade away into pearly white sea form as I too was slowly washing away, drifting upon the breeze as nothing more than sea foam.

'Caitlynn!' I heard myself crying out...my voice being swallowed up by the bypassing seagulls, searching the beach for their breakfast.

~~~

I swiftly sat up in bed, drips of sweat dribbling from my pounding head as I quickly glanced down at my quivering hands, relieved to see that they were still there!

I plopped my weary head back upon my pillow as I stared at the ceiling as I replayed the look of betrayal and sadness upon Caitlynn's face. What have I done to her?! Thank God it was all but a dream!