Epilogue

The year that Sebastien was given to spend with Alexios had ended. Two WD500s and two human deliverymen came to the apartment to pick up Alexios and all of his belongings for Elijah. Sebastien wasn't having it and demanded to see Elijah in person. One of the WD500s phoned in Elijah who told them that a car would be available for them shortly. Sebastien was surprised how receptive Elijah had been about the idea. Sebastien also forbid Alexios from packing anything. He wasn't leaving. He couldn't leave.

A luxury vehicle picked the couple up and Sebastien was on edge the entire drive. He played multiple scenarios in his head on how this conversation was going to go. Alexios was going to stay with him and Elijah "I Can Buy the Entire Planet" Kamski could kiss Sebastien's black ass if he thought otherwise. Still... Elijah was a very powerful man.

"Elijah will be with you shortly," Elijah's personal Chloe unit led them into his giant home. The outside of the home was painted completely black and built at weird angles that it looked like something out of video game or an artist's lucid dream. As the Chloe unit walked in front of them, Sebastien remembered that the Chloe model was the very first android Elijah designed. He wondered if this particular android was the first one built. Sebastien sat quietly in a chair in the foyer as Alexios walked around examining the knickknacks, paintings, and pictures along the walls. Alexios seemed so calm and collected while Sebastien was absolutely freaking out inside.

"Lex..." Sebastien began to say.

"Elijah will see you now," the Chloe unit announced, unintentionally interrupting Sebastien. Alexios walked towards Sebastien and held his hand out. Sebastien took it as they followed the Chloe android into another room in a different part of the house. In this room, there was a massive indoor pool filled with what looked like red water or maybe it was blood. Or maybe the interior of the pool was simply painted red, Sebastien hoped at least. Elijah was swimming laps back and forth in the pool. Sebastien was getting more anxious. Why wasn't this guy ready for them?

Sebastien shook his head and walked towards the enormous window that stretched the length of the back wall. It was as long as the pool and the view outside was beautiful. Sebastien could see a river, a few different trees, and the sun shined brightly in the sky. Flowers began to bloom out in the fields that stretched behind Elijah's home.

"Please have a seat, Sebastien," Elijah spoke, shaking Sebastien out of his reverie. Sebastien saw Elijah sitting and facing two patio chairs. Alexios already sat in one of them.

"Oh, sorry," Sebastien responded. His heart kept skipping beats as his nervousness began to affect him greatly.

"I'm assuming you have lots of questions, yes?" Elijah asked, directing his question to Sebastien. "I promise to answer all of them until you're satisfied so fire away."

"Why did you choose me?" Sebastien immediately blurted out. Out of all of questions he could have asked, this one was pressing him the most.

"Because I saw you in an interview once with the media," Elijah explained. "There were mass protests against the androids taking jobs but there was a very small group that was advocating for them."

"I don't-" Sebastien tried to butt in. He couldn't recall the interview until he remembered that protest. It ended with the police getting involved because a fight broke out. He just happened to get caught in the crossfire and one of the android advocates started firing questions at him in front of a camera.

"It looked like you were put on the spot," Elijah continued, "but you spoke with such passion and understanding about my androids that I knew you'd be the perfect candidate."

"Perfect candidate for what? And how did you even get my address?" Sebastien questioned.

"It's 2039, Sebastien," Elijah chuckled. "It was easy." Sebastien scrunched his eyebrows. That statement was terrifying. "And I knew you'd be the perfect candidate to test my new line of androids." Elijah stared at Alexios as if he was looking into his android soul. "An android with no purpose but to exist and live. I knew I chose correctly by sending him to you. He's exquisite."