Chapter 9

Alexios shut the door behind him and locked it. Sebastien made his way to the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Moscato from the refrigerator. His hands were shaking and he was having difficulties getting the corkscrew to line up on the bottle. Alexios gently took the bottle and corkscrew from Sebastien and opened it with ease. He poured a glass for Sebastien who gulped it down in seconds. There was tension between them. It wasn't negative, but it was as if either was waiting for the other to say something.

"Thank you," Sebastien eventually spoke.

"You're welcome," Alexios smiled, placing the remaining wine in the fridge.

"No... for..." Sebastien trailed off. "For with Chris."

"Oh, right," Alexios said.

"I can't believe I was so stupid," Sebastien whispered. He held his phone in his hands as he looked at his profile on the dating app. "This was the photo I used." Sebastien held his phone out for Alexios to see. It was a photo they took at Riverside Park on a bench overlooking the Detroit River. The sky was blue and the sun hit them perfectly to show the full detail and color of their eyes. Alexios's smile was generic but Sebastien's smile was fuller. Alexios remembered that day well.

"It's a beautiful photo," Alexios told him.

"Well, no one else will see it on here," Sebastien clicked on the options list and scrolled until he found "delete account".

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Alexios asked. "Chris didn't deserve you but there is someone out there that does."

"I just..." Sebastien began, "I just want to take a break."

"That's understandable," Alexios spoke. "I'll do whatever I can to support you." His nonexistent heart was breaking for Sebastien and he didn't know how to convey that. Sebastien slowly walked towards Alexios until he stared at the top of his chest. He wrapped both arms around Alexios's torso and hugged him tightly. Alexios's processes were on the verge of erupting. He simply followed suit and held Sebastien. He could feel slight dampness on his shirt.

Sebastien released himself from Alexios's hold and walked around him. He was heading for his bedroom. Alexios didn't want to let go of Sebastien. He wanted to continue holding him. It was setting his internal systems into overdrive. He had autonomy now. He was deviant. He had the power to do whatever his powerful intelligence could come up with. But all he wanted to do was...

"Huh?" a confused Sebastien was now looking up into Alexios's eyes. He was about to shut his bedroom door when a firm hand had grabbed his own.

"Bash, wait," Alexios pleaded. "There's something I need to say to you."

"Did... did you just call me, Bash?" Sebastien's eyes grew wide.

"I... I did," Alexios answered. "Does that bother you?"

"Well, no but..." Sebastien spoke, "I just don't understand. What's the matter with you? You've been acting weird since the club. And coming from me, that's saying something." Alexios grew silent. How could he explain this to Sebastien? Would he be terrified? Would he run away? Would he call someone on him? No. No, he wouldn't do that. Sebastien treated Alexios like a human since he was activated. They were extremely close now. Sebastien was an android advocate. He was an ally to him and his kind.

"I'm..." Alexios trailed off. He still held on to Sebastien's hand who showed no sign of letting his go.

"You're..." Sebastien encouraged Alexios to continue.

"I'm deviant," Alexios whispered, looking down at his feet. Sebastien said nothing. He simply held on to Alexios's hand a bit tighter.

"Since when?" Sebastien asked.

"Since I knew that jackass was trying to take advantage of you," Alexios answered.

"You... you became deviant because of me?" Sebastien was extremely surprised.

"No," Alexios responded, "I became deviant for you." A flood of emotions released from Sebastien and washed over Alexios as they continued to hold hands. In the middle of the confusion, excitement, fear, and joy that Sebastien felt, there was an emotion that stood out among them all. Love.

"Why would you do that, Lex?" Sebastien asked. Instead of answering his question, Alexios pulled Sebastien closer to him. Somehow, in an instant, Sebastien was able to see Alexios's memories. They were replaying all inside his own head. Sebastien was the first human Alexios laid eyes on. He saw himself standing up for Alexios in the clothing store a few months back. He saw the late night walks they took when Sebastien couldn't sleep. He saw Alexios carrying him to bed when he was too drunk to get there on his own. He saw the two of them on the couch watching movies. Sebastien never noticed the special glances Alexios gave him, especially whenever he laughed.

Tears began to fall from Sebastien's eyes. He saw the way Alexios fussed over each meal he prepared for Sebastien, ensuring each detail was perfect. He saw himself trying to create the perfect photo with Alexios at Riverside Park. He felt the way Alexios longed for him when he was away and the jealousy he felt about Chris. Then he saw Alexios's subconscious tearing at a red barrier while they were in the club. In real time, he was watching Alexios become deviant. He could feel Alexios's emotions. The desperation, the rage, the love.

"What?" Sebastien whispered as the memories continued in his head. He saw Alexios kick through the barrier and gain his autonomy. He saw the way he lunged at Chris, wanting to protect Sebastien from getting his heart broken. Alexios was definitely deviant and Sebastien couldn't help but wonder why he'd deviate for him. Sebastien shook the thoughts away. As the memories of their time together continued showing in his head, Sebastien's heart continued to get fuller.

"I hope this helps you understand," Alexios spoke. The memories began to fade as he wiped the tears staining Sebastien's face.

"It does," Sebastien hiccupped. This was insane. The first person to ever fall for him was a deviant android. What luck he had! None of that seemed to matter though. What mattered most was that Sebastien felt the exact same way that Alexios did. He honestly went back to the dating apps to get his mind off of Alexios in the first place. There was no way he was going to admit that he was in love with an android. It was absolutely unheard of. He had no luck on the dating apps until Chris sent him a message about his android.

"I understand that I am supposed to ask if you'd like to kiss," Alexios spoke. Sebastien simply giggled and pulled the android down to his level to kiss him. Their lips met with an almost electric shock as Sebastien wrapped his arms around Alexios's neck. Alexios pulled Sebastien's body closer to his own so they could embrace each other's warmth. It was real. It was all so very real.

"What do you want to do now?" Alexios asked as they pulled their lips away from each other.

"Can you stay with me?" Sebastien shyly asked.

"Of course," Alexios quickly responded as they created space between each other. Sebastien then quietly changed into pajamas while Alexios turned his head away. Sebastien didn't care that he was in the room with him. Sebastien got situated underneath the bed sheet and down comforter on his queen-sized mattress. He patted the space next to him, inviting Alexios to join him on the bed. Alexios unbuttoned his dress shirt, leaving his necklace on, and slipped out of his pants. He felt that wearing his solid black boxer briefs was more than enough clothing for bed. Sebastien turned over to his side, his back facing Alexios, as Alexios innately pulled him closer to his bare chest.

"Is this okay?" Alexios asked, tightening his hold on Sebastien's body as if he'd run away.

"It's perfect, Lex," Sebastien yawned as he suddenly drifted off to sleep. Alexios's LED blinked yellow as his processors worked diligently to check if he was capable of dreaming. Finding no information on his ability to dream, he was able to conclude that this was real. He was in bed and cuddling with Sebastien. A soft smile spread across his lips as he kissed the back of Sebastien's neck before shutting down his primary functions and entering sleep mode.