Chapter 12: Bio Chem and meeting with them

CANNONS POV:

I look over my shoulder to the back of the room, James seemingly, sitting next to Leah. I mutter under my breath, my body tensing.

The professor speaks, but all I could remotely focus on, is the fact that my loyal, and dear friend James. Was next to my future girlfriend.

Which for the record, I haven't really spoke to her much. Which I most definitely want to do more of. But for the moment, I'll be a bystander. Adoring the prettiest woman I've ever laid eyes upon.

As I can hear, James is chatting it up, and Leah is playing along. They both seemed so comfortable around each other. And yet here I am, wanting ti pull my teammates esophagus out.

I finish up with my notes in class, and the bell rings, as I join the two walking out.

'How was it today?' I have my eyes fixated on the back of their heads.

They both spin around out of instinct. Leah gives me a soft smile, and James laughs.

'You're in that class with us, Miller?' He questions. 'And why didn't you come and say hi?'

I blink. 'You two were conversing, and the last thing I wanted to do was interrupt your heavily important conversation.' I sneer, my jealousy poking through temporarily.

I hear Leah cough, breaking the tension. 'It's just a class. We would've been happy to have you come and sit with us.' She adds.

My mood soars through the roof at that statement, holding back the urge to hug this fine lady in front of me. 'Really Fi- Leah?'

She blinks, fully ignoring my stutter. 'Yup- and if James would be to presumably uncomfortable, he could leave.' She looks over at James.

He immediately nods. 'Which would never happen, since he's my teammate and best friend.' He adjusts his glasses, as I know, means this man is extremely nervous.
————————————————————————

I slam the door behind me at the dorm, staring at James. 'You had my whole SCHEDULE memorized, and didn't come to think that I wouldn't want to sit next to Leah?!' I was decently enraged at the moment.

'You came late, and she was the only person in class that I actually recognized! What is so wrong with me getting to know this girl?' His stare intensifies.

'Maybe because, she will be mine in the future, James. I've already planned everything out.' I put a finger to his chest, my ringed knuckle cracked. 'And you stay out of the way.'

He gulps, and tenses. 'Not sure I want to end up like Andrew now...' He lets out an uncomfortable stifle of a laugh.

'No one wants that.' I release my finger from his body, walking farther into the door, now fully ignoring James.

'Why the HELL!' My anger rages through my whole body, my knuckles turning white, as I squeeze the life out of my fingers.

'Alright James. This is going to be.. a new rule for you. Only talk to her in a friendly way.' I huff, shoving my hands into my pants belt loops. 'And if you don't, your injury will be worse than Andrews.'

He gives a stiffened nod, his rather hard jawline, now clenched and his eyes piercing. 'Yup.' He manages to mutter out.

I step up, patting his shoulder. 'Great we had this chat.' I smirk, my ringed fingers bedazzled with singular finger tattoos, each with their own meanings.

'Now don't tell the guys about this, James. It's best if we don't break the team apart because of a girl right?' I question.

He walks away, leaving me questioning his motives and what he wanted with Leah.

———————————————————————

Sorry this was short yall!! major authors block!