Chapter 8: After Party and After Thoughts

CANNONS POV:

The crowd goes wild, as me and my team huddle up, our warm bodies filled with pride and excitement, all together.

We finally get off the ice, and head to the locker room, where our coach gives us the after talk of the game.

'Alright, boys, gather around. Tonight, we showed the world what we're made of out there on that ice. Each and every one of you left it all out there, and it paid off. But let's not kid ourselves; this win didn't just happen. It happened because of the blood, sweat, and tears we've poured into this game day in and day out.' Our coach says, his eyes filled with immense happiness and delight.

'I want you to look around this locker room. Look at the faces of the guys beside you. This right here is what it's all about – brotherhood, unity, and a shared goal. We've been through the highs and the lows together, but tonight, we stand tall as champions.' His gruff attitude turns to a softer, more relaxed demeanor.

'But let me tell you something, boys. This win, it's just the beginning. We've got more battles ahead of us, tougher opponents to face, and bigger challenges to overcome. And you know what? I wouldn't want to face them with anyone else but you guys by my side.'

We all cheer, and agree with Coach Spencer, his speech causes us all to feel energized.

'So as we celebrate tonight, let's also remember to stay humble, stay hungry, and stay focused. We've got a target on our backs now, and it's up to us to prove that we deserve to be here, game after game.'

We all nod, understanding that humbleness is better than cockiness.

'I'm proud of each and every one of you. Tonight, we showed the world what we're capable of. Let's carry this momentum forward, keep pushing each other to be better, and let's go out there and do it all over again. Because this, boys, this is just the beginning of our journey to greatness. So let's go out there and make every moment count. Are you with me?'

All the boys jump up, pumping their fists in the air and their bodies collide together, the locker room filling with chants and screaming, all because we won.
—————————————————————————

The boom of the speakers raged through the frat house that the after party was being held at. The counter tops covered with different alcohol beverages and the signature red solo cups were placed in stacks.

The dance floor was extremely crowded, filled with all different ages and years of students. The male and female contrast was quite even, from where I could tell.

My black hair was done quite nicely today, fluffed up and finished. My blue flannel over my white colored hoodie was covering my body. Cream cargo pants hugged my legs, and a pair of light blue Jordan 12s.

I scanned the crowd, my tall, muscular build giving me an advantage to seek out fellow or unknown people.

My gaze lands on a pair of black braids. The girl that FireFly is always with. That means she's got
to be here, right?!

My heart pumps into my rib cage, as adrenaline fills me. I needed to see her. Her beautiful tan skin, pristine blue eyes and golden hair was plastered in my mind.

The only reason I could see who the girl was, is because she is extremely tall; around 6'1 and in heels. I approach her slowly, my brain going overdrive.

'Hey there!' I give a soft smile, my rather warm colored lips parted.

She looked at me and her face dropped. 'What you want, hockey boy?' She asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

'Oh- I just..' I rub the back of my neck, my large hand spreading. 'See you hanging out with the blonde girl constantly. Wanted to ask if she was possibly here.' I say, my eyes studying her face.

Her white leather long sleeved shirt, showed some baggage. Her black leather pants accentuated her waist and hips. Her heels, presumably designer, hung on her feet.

'Yeah- she's here. Do you know her? Per-chance?' She asks, a questioning glare sent my way.

'I've ran into her a few times. I'm unsure of her name though.' I state, feeling embarrassed.

'Ah! Her name is Leah- but- not sure where she disappeared too.' The girl was starting to warm up. 'Names Ashley.' She holds a hand out, her nails painted in swirled lines of different colors.

I shake her hand softly. 'Cannon. Defenseman for UF.' I smile and she nods.

'I noticed with you beating a center of MerriMack up.' She crosses her arms underneath her chest. 'Go find Leah- I have partying to attend too.' She turned away from me.

I nod, my eyes darting across the room. A platinum blonde headed girl came into sight, and next to her.. was Leah.

A smirk crosses my face, and I make my way over, and suddenly a hand is placed on my shoulder, and I turn.

Cameron is also looking the same way as me, his eyes directed towards the platinum blonde girl. I smile. 'Her?' I ask.

He looks to me. 'Why in hell would I want her? She's a bitch.' He remarks, yet his gaze is still held on the girl.

I cackle. 'Talk to her with me, will you?' I ask, my eyes set on Leah.

Camerons mood boosts immensely and he nods. 'Sure!!' He struts over to the ladies, his white compression shirt, with a cream colored unbuttoned shirt on his torso. His black pants, and white airforces complimented the look.

'Hey, Periwinkle.' He smiles, his eyes directed towards the platinum blonde girl.

As I can tell, her nose ring is prominent silver, and her clothing is purely black. No skin showing. A long sleeved skim suit from what I can tell; and what seems like clothed black puffy pants cover her legs. A pair of green Jordan 4's complement her outfit. She has her AirPods pro's on, a shade of grey and black.

Her head lifts to look up at him. 'Hi, Tinkerbell.' She sneers back, her teeth clenched.

Soon I see Leah interfere. 'No fighting with Kyla, or you're dead, hockey player.' She hisses at him, her pale blue gaze held tightly.

Cameron holds his hands up and nods. 'Names Cameron by the way.' He steps back, and I soon come into view.

I make eye contact with Leah for a few moments before speaking. 'Hi.' I give a small wave towards her, my heart beating faster than I could ever imagine.

'Hi, mystery man.' She responds, her eyes filled with curiosity and excitement. 'Names Leah. I suppose you're Cannon, yes?' She asks, her eyes still yet interlocked with mine.

I gulp. 'How'd you know?' I shove my hands into my pockets. This girl had a weird effect on me. I was usually confident and strong worded, but with this girl, damn she did something.

'I have my ways, Cannon.' My name drifts out of her mouth and I feel like I'm foaming to the mouth for a few moments.

Both Cameron and Kyla cough. 'You two done staring?' They ask, staring at us awkwardly.
—————————————————————————

Hey pretties!!! This chapter was fun to write- I definitely enjoyed them finally having a full introduction towards each other.

And your thoughts on Kymeron or Calya?